Seven Stars: An Alternative Option For Tennessee Parents Seeking Summer Camps For Teens With Autism
Parents searching for summer camps for teens with autism that can help their Tennessee teen on the autism spectrum should consider Seven Stars for their child. Seven Stars is a therapeutic program with all of the fun of a summer camp. We combine adventure experiences with a traditional therapeutic environment to help teens on the spectrum struggling to make friends and excel in school.
Our program is located just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. We help teens from all over the United States, including Tennessee. An autism camp for Tennessee teens is a popular option for many families, but other therapeutic options may be better for your teen. It is often beneficial to send your teen away from home to get the help they need. That distance can provide the space you and your child need to grow and learn from their experience.
The primary goal of our program is to determine the next best steps for your child and provide a fuller picture of the core challenges your child faces. Throughout their time at Seven Stars, we continuously assess students in a multitude of environments. Learn more about assessments at Seven Stars>>>
Gaining Social Skills at Seven Stars
At Seven Stars, your child will be surrounded by peers who are struggling with similar challenges. The community environment on campus encourages the development of friendships and the improvement of social skills. We focus on the positive attributes of each of our students and build off of that. Learn more about how Seven Stars can help your child improve social skills here>>>
Seven Stars vs. Summer Camps For Tennessee Teens with Autism
Summer camps can be an intimidating place for teens on the autism spectrum. They are often ill equipped to offer any sort of therapeutic benefit for your child. Seven Stars is a therapeutic program which helps teens with neurodevelopmental differences such as autism and ADHD.
Our program is located in Utah, but we help teens from Tennessee and all over the country.
- Our program combines the best of a traditional summer camp experience with a therapeutic environment. At Seven Stars, students take part in weekly excursions outdoors and experience activities such as rock climbing, canoeing, and mountain biking. These are fun exercises that are reminiscent of a summer camp. However, they are utilized for a therapeutic purpose. At home, many of our students rarely take part in outdoor activities. They much prefer to stay inside and play video games. Participation in recreational activities helps students come out of their shell and experience new things, which is often hard for those struggling with rigidity. Learn more about adventure therapy programming>>>
- Short term programming: Depending on their progress and therapeutic plan, students are with us between 12-17 weeks. Compared to residential treatment centers and therapeutic boarding schools which offer programming that lasts 12 months or more, your child can get the therapeutic help and assessments they need in a short period of time.
Learn more about the ways in which Seven Stars can help your Tennessee teen this summer by calling 844-601-1167.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps Tennessee teens in a Summer Camps For Teens With Autism setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Mood Disorders
– Academic Difficulties
– Family Problems
– Sensory Issues
– Substance Use
– Developmental Immaturity
– Technology Addiction
– School Refusal
– Academic Failure
– Sensory Issues
– Social Difficulties
Resources for Tennessee Families Seeking Help
Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology(SCCAP) – SCCAP encourages education and research into clinical child and adolescent psychology. It is intended to improve the mental health and welfare of young people. This organization is a part of the American Psychological Association. It has a variety of resources for parents and young people regarding different aspects of mental health.
Kids Mental Health – Kids Mental Health is a comprehensive source of information which includes articles about a variety of mental health challenges within teens and children. The entire website is aimed at helping parents with tips on recognizing symptoms, getting help, and what therapeutic options are available. It also has information aimed at young people struggling with mental health challenges such as anxiety, depression, and trauma.
Seven Stars Helps Families From Tennessee
Seven Stars helps Tennessee families from cities and towns like: Belle Meade Forest Hills Oak Hill Brentwood Lookout Mountain Arrington Franklin College Grove Walden Nolensville
Seven Stars helps Tennessee families from:
Some examples of cities from Tennessee which may have families who may be interested in Seven Stars include: Memphis Nashville Knoxville Chattanooga Clarksville Murfreesboro Franklin Jackson Johnson Bartlett Hendersonville Kingsport
- Daily Points and Feedback System Promotes Positive BehaviorsHow often do you think your teen hears the words: “No”, “You can’t”, or “You shouldn’t” in a day? For teens on the spectrum, they may find that it is difficult to live up to expectations or fit in with social norms. They may feel like they are always being... Read more »
- Family Time: Bonding and Positive Parenting ActivitiesBonding with your teenager can often feel more difficult and less natural than it did when he was a child, but research indicates that teens still need and crave active attention and support from their parents. While teens tend to spend more time outside of the home with their friends... Read more »
- Autism and Anxiety: Why Social Challenges May Be Causing the IssueWhen you first think of anxiety you may think of it as a relatively common disorder that many adults face on a regular basis. But, did you know that people on the autism spectrum show significantly higher rates of anxiety disorders than people who are not on the spectrum? Autism spectrum... Read more »
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »
- The Difference Between Positive & Negative Smartphone Use in TeensIt’s no secret that smartphone usage is on the rise, in fact approximately 81 percent of Americans own a smartphone. Not only that but, the average smartphone user spends nearly 3 hours per day on their smartphone. To some, this may not sound like that big of a number, but... Read more »
- When Your Teen Lives Online: Dealing with Internet AddictionIn the United States, technology has gradually become a big part of our lives. Currently, the most popular form of technology is information technology or I.T. for short. This mainly includes communication or information sharing via computers and the internet. While there are many benefits to the advancement of information... Read more »
- Tips for Parents of Children Struggling with Social SkillsAs a parent, it can be heartbreaking to watch your child feel like an outcast. For some children, making friends (being “popular”) seemingly comes as naturally as breathing. For others – mere mortals – however, making friends can be a very real cause for anxiety. Unfortunately, reassuring your teen struggling... Read more »
- Is your teen out of control? Tips for working with disruptive teensDealing with a teen that seems out of control can be a very isolating and frustrating experience for any parent. If you’ve been working through aggressive, defiant, or disruptive behavior from your teen, you may have grown tired of hearing criticisms from family and friends and even pulled back from... Read more »
- A Deficit of Attention: Finding the Right ADHD Treatment for YouthAttention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a medical and therapeutic term that is being used to diagnose young adolescents when it comes to their uncontrolled behaviors. While the disorder has been noted over multiple medical logs over the span of 200 years, its familiarity and acceptance have only recently taken... Read more »
- Hidden Disabilities: Learning DisordersHuman beings have an innate deep complexity. Each and every one of us is unique in our own way. Some of our characteristics are a bit more visible, however, some are internal and cannot be seen by the naked eye. One example of this is neural learning disabilities. Neurological learning... Read more »