Why Choose Seven Stars Over Summer Camps For Colorado Teens with Autism?
Seven Stars, a therapeutic program for teens ages 13-17, works with teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism and learning disorders. If youre considering where to send your Colorado teen this summer, Seven Stars might be a good option for your child. Our therapeutic, academic, adventure, and psychiatric team are experts in their fields who have worked with teens on the spectrum for decades.
Seven Stars is located in Utah, but we help teens from Colorado and all over the country achieve success.
Seven Stars has helped hundreds of teens who struggle with challenges such as academic failure, rigidity, and social anxiety. Our program is a great alternative to summer camps for teens with autism because:
- Our program is short-term: Average length of stay at Seven Stars is 12-17 weeks. Thats just enough time to fill up your childs summer. In just 3-4 months, students experience lasting changes that would never have taken place in a traditional summer camp setting.
- We offer insights into the specific needs of each student: Many families come to us puzzled by a recent diagnosis or in need of a treatment plan for their childs challenges. Our assessment process, which takes place throughout the program, takes place in the moment. Students experience a variety of settings during their time at Seven Stars (outdoor experiential activities, residential treatment, etc.) which helps us gain a full picture of the specific strengths and needs of each student.
- Families are involved throughout the process: Unlike summer camps, where communication is limited, we encourage weekly family calls with your child. In order for lasting changes to occur, the entire family is involved throughout your childs time with us.
A Great Alternative to Summer Camps For Colorado Teens With Autism
Seven Stars is a short term therapeutic program that combines traditional therapeutic techniques, assessments and adventure therapy. This specific blend of approaches provides all of the fun and adventure of a traditional summer camp, while also helping your teen grow and learn about themselves. We can help your family determine the best course of treatment for your childs challenges.
Seven Stars is located just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. We are surrounded by the beautiful Wasatch Mountains which provide us with endless opportunities for recreational activities.
Finding The Best Treatment Options For Your Child Through Assessment Programming
At Seven Stars, our goal is to guide families on a path towards success by providing an assessment process for their child on the autism spectrum. Many families come to us unsure of why their child is suddenly performing poorly in school or acting withdrawn.
Throughout your childs time at Seven Stars, they will be assessed in a real world setting. Unlike other programs which offer assessments, students are continuously being assessed in a variety of environments. As students transition from one setting to the next, we are able to see the ways in which their reactions and behaviors change.
For more information about how Seven Stars can help your teen from Colorado, please call 844-601-1167.
Resources for Colorado Families Seeking Help
MedlinePlus – MedlinePlus offers medical information about a variety of physical and mental health conditions, as well as the latest treatments. It was created by the National Library of Medicine to provide information to parents and individuals seeking medical advice. Medline Plus also offers supplemental learning tools such as videos, games, and quizzes aimed at helping young people learn more about mental health challenges.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)- NAMI offers assistance to individuals in need of help for a variety of mental health challenges. NAMI provides individuals with a vast collection of information which offer useful information for those who seek to learn more about mental health struggles. In addition to their more generalized information, NAMI also provides local information to help visitors find mental health resources in their local areas. NAMI gathering grassroots volunteers to fight against the stigma of mental health. They accept donations for continued research into various mental health issues and for raising awareness about mental health.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps Colorado teens in a Summer Camps For Teens With Autism setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Academic Failure
– Developmental Immaturity
– Substance Use
– Academic Difficulties
– Social Difficulties
– Sensory Issues
– Sensory Issues
– School Refusal
– Technology Addiction
– Family Problems
– Mood Disorders
Seven Stars helps Colorado families from:
Some examples of cities from Colorado which may have families who may be interested in Seven Stars include: Denver Colorado Springs Aurora Fort Collins Lakewood Thornton Arvada Westminster Pueblo Centennial Boulder Greeley Longmont Loveland Broomfield Grand Junction Castle Rock town Commerce
Seven Stars Helps Families From Colorado
Seven Stars helps Colorado families from cities and towns like: Cherry Hills Village Aspen Greenwood Village Columbine Valley Vail Edwards Genesee Niwot Boulder Basalt
- Autism and the Outdoors: How Nature Can Help Teens ThriveAutism and Nature Autism is a developmental disorder that affects communication and social interaction to varying degrees. It is complex and affects everyone slightly differently. For many teens, autism can be a particularly stressful challenge. They may feel like they don’t fit in with their peers, or they may not know... Read more »
- When Your Teen Lives Online: Dealing with Internet AddictionIn the United States, technology has gradually become a big part of our lives. Currently, the most popular form of technology is information technology or I.T. for short. This mainly includes communication or information sharing via computers and the internet. While there are many benefits to the advancement of information... Read more »
- Autism and Anxiety: Why Social Challenges May Be Causing the IssueWhen you first think of anxiety you may think of it as a relatively common disorder that many adults face on a regular basis. But, did you know that people on the autism spectrum show significantly higher rates of anxiety disorders than people who are not on the spectrum? Autism spectrum... Read more »
- The Difference Between Positive & Negative Smartphone Use in TeensIt’s no secret that smartphone usage is on the rise, in fact approximately 81 percent of Americans own a smartphone. Not only that but, the average smartphone user spends nearly 3 hours per day on their smartphone. To some, this may not sound like that big of a number, but... Read more »
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »
- Puberty and Mental HealthChanging Physiology Our modern world puts a lot of pressure on developing children. We are seeing increased rates of stress, clinical depression, anxiety, poor coping mechanisms, and more. Moreover, puberty brings volatility in behavior, attitudes, and moods that can outwardly look like mental health issues. Puberty can be a difficult time... Read more »
- How to talk to your child about Autism and LGBT issuesConversations About Autism and LGBT Issues Don’t Have to be Difficult Not everyone is well versed in explaining complex conversations to their children. Sometimes prep work is needed or time to let them explore the topic at hand so they can have some questions in mind. There are a few things... Read more »
- Daily Points and Feedback System Promotes Positive BehaviorsHow often do you think your teen hears the words: “No”, “You can’t”, or “You shouldn’t” in a day? For teens on the spectrum, they may find that it is difficult to live up to expectations or fit in with social norms. They may feel like they are always being... Read more »
- A Deficit of Attention: Finding the Right ADHD Treatment for YouthAttention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a medical and therapeutic term that is being used to diagnose young adolescents when it comes to their uncontrolled behaviors. While the disorder has been noted over multiple medical logs over the span of 200 years, its familiarity and acceptance have only recently taken... Read more »
- Hidden Disabilities: Learning DisordersHuman beings have an innate deep complexity. Each and every one of us is unique in our own way. Some of our characteristics are a bit more visible, however, some are internal and cannot be seen by the naked eye. One example of this is neural learning disabilities. Neurological learning... Read more »