Seven Stars is an autism boarding school which helps Virginia teens on the autism spectrum build healthy coping skills and prepare for the future. Our program offers Virginia teens an accredited academic program along with therapeutic support. Many of the Virginia teens we help have struggled in the past to make friends, and have acted out at home.
Our goal is to provide Virginia teens with a nurturing environment where they can work towards reaching their goals and feeling successful. Rather than focusing on a student’s weaknesses, we focus on their strengths. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps Virginia students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Our autism boarding school is located away from Virginia, but we help families from across the country. Located in Utah, our campus is close to some of the most exciting outdoor adventure opportunities in the nation.
Our close proximity to outdoor recreational activities allows students to take part in new experiences like mountain climbing, whitewater rafting, and biking. These outdoor adventures provide a hands-on learning experience, in a stress-free environment. During these outings, Virginia students are able to get outside of their comfort zone and improve their social skills.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Virginia teens
Parents seeking the most effective and transformative therapeutic solutions for their teen on the autism spectrum should consider autism boarding schools as an option. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Virginia teens, we understand how challenging the process of choosing the best program for your child can be. Our therapeutic and academic programming is specifically designed to address the individualized needs of teens on the spectrum.
Our autism boarding school’s clinical approach provides optional stabilization for families in need of those services. Throughout your child’s time at Seven Stars, we carry out a thorough assessment. Our assessments help determine the individual strengths of students. We use the results from these assessments to create individualized therapeutic plans for each of our students.
Every staff member is committed to helping each of our students achieve success during their time at our autism boarding school. Throughout the program, we focus on working with your family. Family programming is individualized to fit the specific needs of each family. As we work with your family, we help create a communication strategy to help restore and rebuild relationships.
At Seven Stars, we are a hybrid program that mixes residential school programming and clinical programming with off campus adventures. By switching between structured, home-like environments on campus and exciting adventures off campus, we help teens reach outside of their comfort zone.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Struggling with academic success.
– Level 1 Autism
– Issues making and keeping friends
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Learning Disorders.
– School Refusal
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Technology Addiction
– Family Problems
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Sensory Related Issues.
- Puberty and Mental HealthChanging Physiology Our modern world puts a lot of pressure on developing children. We are seeing increased rates of stress, clinical depression, anxiety, poor coping mechanisms, and more. Moreover, puberty brings volatility in behavior, attitudes, and moods that can outwardly look like mental health issues. Puberty can be a difficult time... Read more »
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »
- Autism and the Outdoors: How Nature Can Help Teens ThriveAutism and Nature Autism is a developmental disorder that affects communication and social interaction to varying degrees. It is complex and affects everyone slightly differently. For many teens, autism can be a particularly stressful challenge. They may feel like they don’t fit in with their peers, or they may not know... Read more »