Seven Stars is an autism boarding school which helps Vermont teens on the autism spectrum build healthy coping skills and prepare for the future. Along with an accredited academic curriculum, our program helps provide Vermont students with therapeutic support guided by expert staff. Seven Stars helps Vermont teens struggling with behavioral, emotional, and social issues related to neurodevelopmental disorders like autism.
Our mission is to help Vermont teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders reach their fullest potential. We believe in focusing on the strengths of students as opposed to weaknesses. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps Vermont students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Our autism boarding school is located away from Vermont, but we help families from across the country. We are located in Utah, nearby some of the most beautiful mountain ranges and bodies of water in the country.
Our close proximity to outdoor recreational activities allows students to take part in new experiences like mountain climbing, whitewater rafting, and biking. These outdoor adventures provide a hands-on learning experience, in a stress-free environment. Off-campus adventure outings help Vermont students build relationships skills and take steps out of their comfort zone.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Vermont teens
Parents seeking the most effective and transformative therapeutic solutions for their teen on the autism spectrum should consider autism boarding schools as an option. Seven Stars is an autism boarding school for Vermont teens that helps young people build confidence and the skills they’ll need to succeed back home. The clinical and academic curriculum at Seven Stars has been created to address the specific and individual needs of young people with neurodevelopmental issues and autism.
Our autism boarding school’s clinical approach provides optional stabilization for families in need of those services. Throughout your child’s time at Seven Stars, we carry out a thorough assessment. Assessments help target and better understand your child’s strengths and individualized needs. The results of our assessments are incorporated into your child’s treatment plan.
All of our staff our devoted to helping your child become the happiest and healthiest version of themselves. Our program is very family-focused. Family programming is individualized to fit the specific needs of each family. As we work with your family, we help create a communication strategy to help restore and rebuild relationships.
At Seven Stars, we are a hybrid program that mixes residential school programming and clinical programming with off campus adventures. Alternating between a residential, structure setting and off campus adventure activities helps students learn to adapt to new things and break outside of what they are comfortable with.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Sensory Issues.
– Struggling with academic success.
– Issues related to Autism
– Mood Disorders
– Attachment Issues
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Issues related to trauma.
– Technology Addiction
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Autism-related issues
– Social Difficulties
– School Refusal
– Developmental Immaturity
– Family Problems
- Understanding the Link Between Autism and DepressionAutism and depression are distinct mental health conditions. Still, they can co-occur, and individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) may be more vulnerable to experiencing depression. According to a 2019 study, individuals on the spectrum are four times as likely to experience depression throughout their lives as their neurotypical... Read more »
- A Compassionate Exploration: Understanding the Prevalence of Suicide and Suicidal Ideation Among Autistic/Spectrum TeensIn the tapestry of human experiences, diversity is the thread that weaves us together. Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) represents a beautiful variation in how individuals perceive and interact with the world. However, beneath the unique brilliance of those on the spectrum lies a complex reality often misunderstood by the general... Read more »
- How to Express Love to Your Autistic ChildIt’s important to express love to those who are close to us, and parents of autistic children may encounter unexpected learning curves. It’s important to find ways to show love to children in ways that reflect their own uniqueness and make them feel seen and supported. Children with Autism Spectrum... Read more »