As an autism boarding school for Utah teens, Seven Stars helps teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders such as Autism, ADHD, and Nonverbal Learning Disorder. In addition to offering an accredited academic program, our autism boarding school provides Utah teens with clinically advanced therapeutic programming. Seven Stars helps Utah teens struggling with behavioral, emotional, and social issues related to neurodevelopmental disorders like autism.
We aim to guide Utah adolescents who struggle with autism towards meeting their goals and discovering their dreams. Instead of focusing on weaknesses and shortcomings, we focus on strengths and positive feedback. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps Utah students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Our autism boarding school is located in Utah, but we help families from across the country. As a Utah autism boarding school, we are surrounded by some of the most beautiful mountain ranges and bodies of water in the country.
Because we’re so close to nature, students have the opportunity to engage in outdoor adventure activities like hiking, rafting, and skiing. Adventure programming allows students to learn new skills in a supportive, stress-free setting. During these outings, Utah students are able to get outside of their comfort zone and improve their social skills.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Utah teens
Finding the best therapeutic option for your teen working through the challenges of autism or another neurodevelopmental disorder can be a difficult journey. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Utah teens, we understand how challenging the process of choosing the best program for your child can be. Our programming was specifically developed to meet the needs of young people on the autism spectrum.
Our autism boarding school’s clinical approach provides optional stabilization for families in need of those services. All students undergo an assessment process throughout their time at the program. Our assessments help determine the individual strengths of students. From the observations of our assessments, we are able to build a tailor made treatment plan for your child.
Each of our dedicated team members have the expertise and compassion needed to help your child find success. Throughout the program, we focus on working with your family. Family programming is highly individualized based on your family’s specific needs. As we work with your family, we help create a communication strategy to help restore and rebuild relationships.
Our autism boarding school combines on-campus therapeutic and academic programming with off-campus adventure therapy excursions. By switching between structured, home-like environments on campus and exciting adventures off campus, we help teens reach outside of their comfort zone.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Issues making and keeping friends
– Not attending school
– Issues related to trauma.
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Attachment Issues
– Mood Disorders
– Video Game Addiction
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Family Problems
– Autism-related issues
– Feelings of Anxiety
- Teen Depression: Negative Academic, Social and Physical EffectsChildren with Autism Spectrum Disorder are four times more likely than their neurotypical counterparts to develop depression over the course of their lives. Because the rate of experiencing depression among kids with ASD is so high, it’s crucial to know the effects this can have on your child as well... Read more »
- Social Isolation and Autism: How To Help Teens on the Spectrum SocializeSocial relationships can be difficult for any teenager to navigate, but creating and maintaining relationships has another layer of complexity for teens on the spectrum. Working with teens on socialization is essential as it can boost self-esteem, increase a sense of belonging, and provide practice for essential skills like managing... Read more »
- Speech & Language Challenges for Teens On the SpectrumThere is no one size fits all diagnosis for teens on the autism spectrum. What is challenging for one teen, may be a strength for another. And while each person is unique, some teens on the spectrum may struggle with speech and language issues. Types of Language and Speech Disorders Teens on... Read more »