Seven Stars is an autism boarding school which helps Texas teens on the autism spectrum build healthy coping skills and prepare for the future. Along with an accredited academic curriculum, our program helps provide Texas students with therapeutic support guided by expert staff. Many of the Texas teens we help have struggled in the past to make friends, and have acted out at home.
Our mission is to help Texas teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders reach their fullest potential. Rather than focusing on a student’s weaknesses, we focus on their strengths. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps Texas students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Seven Stars is located outside of Texas, but we help teens from all over the country. We are located in Utah, nearby some of the most beautiful mountain ranges and bodies of water in the country.
Our close proximity to outdoor recreational activities allows students to take part in new experiences like mountain climbing, whitewater rafting, and biking. Outdoor adventure activities offer a unique learning experience in a fun, controlled setting. Our outdoor adventure outings off-campus help Texas students step out of their comfort zone and build communication skills.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Texas teens
Finding the best therapeutic option for your teen working through the challenges of autism or another neurodevelopmental disorder can be a difficult journey. As an autism boarding school helping Texas teens, Seven Stars might be the best fit for your family. Our therapeutic and academic programming is specifically designed to address the individualized needs of teens on the spectrum.
All of our staff our devoted to helping your child become the happiest and healthiest version of themselves. Our program is very family-focused. Family programming is highly individualized based on your family’s specific needs. We work with each family to better understand the family dynamics within each family system and create a communication plan moving forward to heal relationships.
The therapeutic approach at our autism boarding school offers optional stabilization for families who need that service. During your child’s stay with us, we carry out an extensive assessment process. These assessments help provide information about your child’s strengths and treatment needs. From the observations of our assessments, we are able to build a tailor made treatment plan for your child.
Our autism boarding school combines on-campus therapeutic and academic programming with off-campus adventure therapy excursions. Alternating between a residential, structure setting and off campus adventure activities helps students learn to adapt to new things and break outside of what they are comfortable with.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Autism-related issues
– Sensory Issues.
– Struggling with academic success.
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Learning Disorders.
– Not attending school
– Mood Disorders
– Video Game Addiction
– Family Conflict
– Adoption Issues
– Social Difficulties
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Developmental Immaturity
- Teen Depression: Negative Academic, Social and Physical EffectsChildren with Autism Spectrum Disorder are four times more likely than their neurotypical counterparts to develop depression over the course of their lives. Because the rate of experiencing depression among kids with ASD is so high, it’s crucial to know the effects this can have on your child as well... Read more »
- Fostering a Positive Relationship with School for Your ChildSchool can be a challenging place for any child, but students with autism face a unique set of challenges. If these challenges are not addressed properly, students can begin to have a negative association with school, which can lead to school refusal or acting out. To foster a positive relationship school... Read more »
- Tips for Parents of Children Struggling with Social SkillsAs a parent, it can be heartbreaking to watch your child feel like an outcast. For some children, making friends (being “popular”) seemingly comes as naturally as breathing. For others – mere mortals – however, making friends can be a very real cause for anxiety. Unfortunately, reassuring your teen struggling... Read more »