Seven Stars is an autism boarding school which helps Tennessee teens on the autism spectrum build healthy coping skills and prepare for the future. Our program offers Tennessee teens an accredited academic program along with therapeutic support. Seven Stars helps Tennessee teens struggling with behavioral, emotional, and social issues related to neurodevelopmental disorders like autism.
Our goal is to provide Tennessee teens with a nurturing environment where they can work towards reaching their goals and feeling successful. Rather than focusing on a student’s weaknesses, we focus on their strengths. Tennessee students build skills and confidence throughout their time at our program.
Although our autism boarding school is not located in Tennessee, we help families from all over the country achieve success. We are located in Utah, nearby some of the most beautiful mountain ranges and bodies of water in the country.
Our autism boarding school’s proximity to outdoor adventure opportunities allows for students to partake in exciting activities such as canoeing, mountain climbing, and hiking. Outdoor adventure activities offer a unique learning experience in a fun, controlled setting. Our outdoor adventure outings off-campus help Tennessee students step out of their comfort zone and build communication skills.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Tennessee teens
Finding the best therapeutic option for your teen working through the challenges of autism or another neurodevelopmental disorder can be a difficult journey. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Tennessee teens, we understand how challenging the process of choosing the best program for your child can be. Our programming was specifically developed to meet the needs of young people on the autism spectrum.
All of our staff our devoted to helping your child become the happiest and healthiest version of themselves. Our program is very family-focused. Family programming is individualized to fit the specific needs of each family. We work with families to determine the best communication strategy for rebuilding relationships.
The therapeutic approach at our autism boarding school offers optional stabilization for families who need that service. During your child’s stay with us, we carry out an extensive assessment process. Assessments help target and better understand your child’s strengths and individualized needs. From the observations of our assessments, we are able to build a tailor made treatment plan for your child.
The unique programming of our autism boarding school utilizes a mixture of academic, clinical, and adventure programming to help students develop important skills. Over the course of the program, students transition between residential programming on campus and off campus adventures, which helps them break out of rigidity and step outside their comfort zone.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Mood Disorders
– Technology Addiction
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Issues making and keeping friends
– Immaturity related to development
– Refusing to go to school
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Family Conflict
– Issues succeeding academically.
- The Benefits of Trying New HobbiesHave you ever found yourself feeling like every day is Groundhog Day? You do the same activities, watch the same shows, cook the same meals. It feels boring and uninspiring, but you can’t quite figure out how to break out of that rut. Trying a new activity can be the... Read more »
- Tips for Parents of Children Struggling with Social SkillsAs a parent, it can be heartbreaking to watch your child feel like an outcast. For some children, making friends (being “popular”) seemingly comes as naturally as breathing. For others – mere mortals – however, making friends can be a very real cause for anxiety. Unfortunately, reassuring your teen struggling... Read more »
- Brains of Teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder Work DifferentlyUnderstanding the developing mind and brain of a teenager with all of the changes they are going through can be extremely difficult. This difficulty can be compounded when you have a teen with Autism Spectrum Disorder as their brain works differently from neurotypical teenagers. To assist your teen as they... Read more »