Seven Stars is an autism boarding school which helps South Dakota teens on the autism spectrum build healthy coping skills and prepare for the future. In addition to offering an accredited academic program, our autism boarding school provides South Dakota teens with clinically advanced therapeutic programming. We help South Dakota teens on the Autism Spectrum who are struggling with emotional, academic, and social difficulties.
Our mission is to help South Dakota teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders reach their fullest potential. Instead of focusing on weaknesses and shortcomings, we focus on strengths and positive feedback. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps South Dakota students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Although our autism boarding school is not located in South Dakota, we help families from all over the country achieve success. Located in Utah, our campus is close to some of the most exciting outdoor adventure opportunities in the nation.
Because we’re so close to nature, students have the opportunity to engage in outdoor adventure activities like hiking, rafting, and skiing. Adventure programming allows students to learn new skills in a supportive, stress-free setting. During these outings, South Dakota students are able to get outside of their comfort zone and improve their social skills.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for South Dakota teens
Parents seeking the most effective and transformative therapeutic solutions for their teen on the autism spectrum should consider autism boarding schools as an option. As an autism boarding school helping South Dakota teens, Seven Stars might be the best fit for your family. Our programming was specifically developed to meet the needs of young people on the autism spectrum.
The therapeutic approach at our autism boarding school offers optional stabilization for families who need that service. All students undergo an assessment process throughout their time at the program. Assessments help target and better understand your child’s strengths and individualized needs. The results of our assessments are incorporated into your child’s treatment plan.
The unique programming of our autism boarding school utilizes a mixture of academic, clinical, and adventure programming to help students develop important skills. By switching between structured, home-like environments on campus and exciting adventures off campus, we help teens reach outside of their comfort zone.
Each of our dedicated team members have the expertise and compassion needed to help your child find success. Our therapeutic program is designed to heal the entire family system. Family programming is highly individualized based on your family’s specific needs. As we work with your family, we help create a communication strategy to help restore and rebuild relationships.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Video Game Addiction
– Refusing to go to school
– Developmental Immaturity
– Level 1 Autism
– Autism-related issues
– Family Problems
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Difficulties related to senses.
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Issues related to mood disorders.
- How to talk to your child about Autism and LGBT issuesConversations About Autism and LGBT Issues Don’t Have to be Difficult Not everyone is well versed in explaining complex conversations to their children. Sometimes prep work is needed or time to let them explore the topic at hand so they can have some questions in mind. There are a few things... Read more »
- A Deficit of Attention: Finding the Right ADHD Treatment for YouthAttention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a medical and therapeutic term that is being used to diagnose young adolescents when it comes to their uncontrolled behaviors. While the disorder has been noted over multiple medical logs over the span of 200 years, its familiarity and acceptance have only recently taken... Read more »
- Puberty and Mental HealthChanging Physiology Our modern world puts a lot of pressure on developing children. We are seeing increased rates of stress, clinical depression, anxiety, poor coping mechanisms, and more. Moreover, puberty brings volatility in behavior, attitudes, and moods that can outwardly look like mental health issues. Puberty can be a difficult time... Read more »