Seven Stars is an autism boarding school which helps South Dakota teens on the autism spectrum build healthy coping skills and prepare for the future. In addition to offering an accredited academic program, our autism boarding school provides South Dakota teens with clinically advanced therapeutic programming. We help South Dakota teens on the Autism Spectrum who are struggling with emotional, academic, and social difficulties.
Our mission is to help South Dakota teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders reach their fullest potential. Instead of focusing on weaknesses and shortcomings, we focus on strengths and positive feedback. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps South Dakota students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Although our autism boarding school is not located in South Dakota, we help families from all over the country achieve success. Located in Utah, our campus is close to some of the most exciting outdoor adventure opportunities in the nation.
Because we’re so close to nature, students have the opportunity to engage in outdoor adventure activities like hiking, rafting, and skiing. Adventure programming allows students to learn new skills in a supportive, stress-free setting. During these outings, South Dakota students are able to get outside of their comfort zone and improve their social skills.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for South Dakota teens
Parents seeking the most effective and transformative therapeutic solutions for their teen on the autism spectrum should consider autism boarding schools as an option. As an autism boarding school helping South Dakota teens, Seven Stars might be the best fit for your family. Our programming was specifically developed to meet the needs of young people on the autism spectrum.
The therapeutic approach at our autism boarding school offers optional stabilization for families who need that service. All students undergo an assessment process throughout their time at the program. Assessments help target and better understand your child’s strengths and individualized needs. The results of our assessments are incorporated into your child’s treatment plan.
The unique programming of our autism boarding school utilizes a mixture of academic, clinical, and adventure programming to help students develop important skills. By switching between structured, home-like environments on campus and exciting adventures off campus, we help teens reach outside of their comfort zone.
Each of our dedicated team members have the expertise and compassion needed to help your child find success. Our therapeutic program is designed to heal the entire family system. Family programming is highly individualized based on your family’s specific needs. As we work with your family, we help create a communication strategy to help restore and rebuild relationships.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Video Game Addiction
– Refusing to go to school
– Developmental Immaturity
– Level 1 Autism
– Autism-related issues
– Family Problems
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Difficulties related to senses.
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Issues related to mood disorders.
- What is Neurodiversity?If you’ve explored the twenty-first-century mental health landscape you’ve probably come across the terms “neurodiverse” or “neurodiversity” and wondered what they mean. So let’s get into it, what exactly is neurodiversity? Neurodiversity, short for neurological diversity, is the concept that there is natural variation in the human brain that leads to... Read more »
- Understanding the Evolution of Asperger’s Syndrome: From Diagnosis to Autism Spectrum DisorderDiagnostic criteria and classifications constantly evolve in psychology and psychiatry as our understanding of neurodevelopmental disorders deepens. One significant change in recent years was the reclassification of Asperger’s syndrome, which had long been recognized as a distinct condition. In this blog post, we will explore the journey of Asperger’s syndrome... Read more »
- How to Express Love to Your Autistic ChildIt’s important to express love to those who are close to us, and parents of autistic children may encounter unexpected learning curves. It’s important to find ways to show love to children in ways that reflect their own uniqueness and make them feel seen and supported. Children with Autism Spectrum... Read more »