Seven Stars, an autism boarding school helping South Carolina teens ages 13-18, focuses on providing therapeutic support for autism spectrum disorder, processing issues, and ADHD. In addition to offering an accredited academic program, our autism boarding school provides South Carolina teens with clinically advanced therapeutic programming. We help South Carolina teens on the Autism Spectrum who are struggling with emotional, academic, and social difficulties.
Our mission is to help South Carolina teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders reach their fullest potential. Rather than focusing on a student’s weaknesses, we focus on their strengths. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps South Carolina students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Seven Stars is located outside of South Carolina, but we help teens from all over the country. We are located in Utah, nearby some of the most beautiful mountain ranges and bodies of water in the country.
Because we’re so close to nature, students have the opportunity to engage in outdoor adventure activities like hiking, rafting, and skiing. Outdoor adventure activities offer a unique learning experience in a fun, controlled setting. Our outdoor adventure outings off-campus help South Carolina students step out of their comfort zone and build communication skills.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for South Carolina teens
Parents seeking the most effective and transformative therapeutic solutions for their teen on the autism spectrum should consider autism boarding schools as an option. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for South Carolina teens, we understand how challenging the process of choosing the best program for your child can be. The clinical and academic curriculum at Seven Stars has been created to address the specific and individual needs of young people with neurodevelopmental issues and autism.
The therapeutic approach at our autism boarding school offers optional stabilization for families who need that service. During your child’s stay with us, we carry out an extensive assessment process. Our assessments help determine the individual strengths of students. From the observations of our assessments, we are able to build a tailor made treatment plan for your child.
Our autism boarding school combines on-campus therapeutic and academic programming with off-campus adventure therapy excursions. Over the course of the program, students transition between residential programming on campus and off campus adventures, which helps them break out of rigidity and step outside their comfort zone.
Every staff member is committed to helping each of our students achieve success during their time at our autism boarding school. Throughout the program, we focus on working with your family. Family programming is individualized to fit the specific needs of each family. We work with each family to better understand the family dynamics within each family system and create a communication plan moving forward to heal relationships.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Academic failure.
– Adoption Issues
– Not attending school
– Technology Addiction
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Issues related to Aspergers
– Issues making and keeping friends
– Immaturity related to development
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Learning Issues.
– Difficulties related to senses.
– Family Conflict
- How to Help Your Picky Eater Child with AutismIntroducing your baby to their first solid food is a milestone in most parents’ lives. It marks a new phase in life as they begin to discover new flavors and textures. But some children, especially those with autism, do not get enjoyment from experiencing new foods, and this can continue... Read more »
- How to Make Video Game Time PositiveVideo games can be a hot button topic for parents. We don’t want to see our children glued to their screens or making unhealthy life choices, but there is recent evidence that when approached correctly, video games can have a positive impact on teens with autism. Autism and Video Games Video games... Read more »
- The Benefits of Trying New HobbiesHave you ever found yourself feeling like every day is Groundhog Day? You do the same activities, watch the same shows, cook the same meals. It feels boring and uninspiring, but you can’t quite figure out how to break out of that rut. Trying a new activity can be the... Read more »