Seven Stars is an autism boarding school which helps Rhode Island teens on the autism spectrum build healthy coping skills and prepare for the future. In addition to offering an accredited academic program, our autism boarding school provides Rhode Island teens with clinically advanced therapeutic programming. Seven Stars helps Rhode Island teens struggling with behavioral, emotional, and social issues related to neurodevelopmental disorders like autism.
Our mission is to help Rhode Island teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders reach their fullest potential. Instead of focusing on weaknesses and shortcomings, we focus on strengths and positive feedback. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps Rhode Island students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Although our autism boarding school is not located in Rhode Island, we help families from all over the country achieve success. Located in Utah, our campus is close to some of the most exciting outdoor adventure opportunities in the nation.
Our close proximity to outdoor recreational activities allows students to take part in new experiences like mountain climbing, whitewater rafting, and biking. Outdoor adventure activities offer a unique learning experience in a fun, controlled setting. Off-campus adventure outings help Rhode Island students build relationships skills and take steps out of their comfort zone.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Rhode Island teens
Sending your child away from home at an autism boarding school is difficult for many families, but it may be the best option for your child. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Rhode Island teens, we understand how challenging the process of choosing the best program for your child can be. Our programming was specifically developed to meet the needs of young people on the autism spectrum.
Our autism boarding school’s clinical approach provides optional stabilization for families in need of those services. During your child’s stay with us, we carry out an extensive assessment process. These assessments help provide information about your child’s strengths and treatment needs. The results of our assessments are incorporated into your child’s treatment plan.
Every staff member is committed to helping each of our students achieve success during their time at our autism boarding school. Our program is very family-focused. Family programming is highly individualized based on your family’s specific needs. As we work with your family, we help create a communication strategy to help restore and rebuild relationships.
The unique programming of our autism boarding school utilizes a mixture of academic, clinical, and adventure programming to help students develop important skills. Over the course of the program, students transition between residential programming on campus and off campus adventures, which helps them break out of rigidity and step outside their comfort zone.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– School Refusal
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Academic failure.
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Learning Issues.
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Technology Addiction
– Adoption Issues
– Difficulties related to senses.
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »
- Daily Points and Feedback System Promotes Positive BehaviorsHow often do you think your teen hears the words: “No”, “You can’t”, or “You shouldn’t” in a day? For teens on the spectrum, they may find that it is difficult to live up to expectations or fit in with social norms. They may feel like they are always being... Read more »
- Is your teen out of control? Tips for working with disruptive teensDealing with a teen that seems out of control can be a very isolating and frustrating experience for any parent. If you’ve been working through aggressive, defiant, or disruptive behavior from your teen, you may have grown tired of hearing criticisms from family and friends and even pulled back from... Read more »