Seven Stars is an autism boarding school which helps Rhode Island teens on the autism spectrum build healthy coping skills and prepare for the future. In addition to offering an accredited academic program, our autism boarding school provides Rhode Island teens with clinically advanced therapeutic programming. Seven Stars helps Rhode Island teens struggling with behavioral, emotional, and social issues related to neurodevelopmental disorders like autism.
Our mission is to help Rhode Island teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders reach their fullest potential. Instead of focusing on weaknesses and shortcomings, we focus on strengths and positive feedback. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps Rhode Island students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Although our autism boarding school is not located in Rhode Island, we help families from all over the country achieve success. Located in Utah, our campus is close to some of the most exciting outdoor adventure opportunities in the nation.
Our close proximity to outdoor recreational activities allows students to take part in new experiences like mountain climbing, whitewater rafting, and biking. Outdoor adventure activities offer a unique learning experience in a fun, controlled setting. Off-campus adventure outings help Rhode Island students build relationships skills and take steps out of their comfort zone.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Rhode Island teens
Sending your child away from home at an autism boarding school is difficult for many families, but it may be the best option for your child. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Rhode Island teens, we understand how challenging the process of choosing the best program for your child can be. Our programming was specifically developed to meet the needs of young people on the autism spectrum.
Our autism boarding school’s clinical approach provides optional stabilization for families in need of those services. During your child’s stay with us, we carry out an extensive assessment process. These assessments help provide information about your child’s strengths and treatment needs. The results of our assessments are incorporated into your child’s treatment plan.
Every staff member is committed to helping each of our students achieve success during their time at our autism boarding school. Our program is very family-focused. Family programming is highly individualized based on your family’s specific needs. As we work with your family, we help create a communication strategy to help restore and rebuild relationships.
The unique programming of our autism boarding school utilizes a mixture of academic, clinical, and adventure programming to help students develop important skills. Over the course of the program, students transition between residential programming on campus and off campus adventures, which helps them break out of rigidity and step outside their comfort zone.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– School Refusal
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Academic failure.
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Learning Issues.
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Technology Addiction
– Adoption Issues
– Difficulties related to senses.
- A Deficit of Attention: Finding the Right ADHD Treatment for YouthAttention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a medical and therapeutic term that is being used to diagnose young adolescents when it comes to their uncontrolled behaviors. While the disorder has been noted over multiple medical logs over the span of 200 years, its familiarity and acceptance have only recently taken... Read more »
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »
- When Your Teen Lives Online: Dealing with Internet AddictionIn the United States, technology has gradually become a big part of our lives. Currently, the most popular form of technology is information technology or I.T. for short. This mainly includes communication or information sharing via computers and the internet. While there are many benefits to the advancement of information... Read more »