Seven Stars is an autism boarding school which helps Pennsylvania teens on the autism spectrum build healthy coping skills and prepare for the future. In addition to offering an accredited academic program, our autism boarding school provides Pennsylvania teens with clinically advanced therapeutic programming. Seven Stars helps Pennsylvania teens struggling with behavioral, emotional, and social issues related to neurodevelopmental disorders like autism.
Our goal is to provide Pennsylvania teens with a nurturing environment where they can work towards reaching their goals and feeling successful. Instead of focusing on weaknesses and shortcomings, we focus on strengths and positive feedback. Our strengths-based mentoring approach helps Pennsylvania students build important skills and boosts their self-confidence.
Our autism boarding school is located away from Pennsylvania, but we help families from across the country. Located in Utah, our campus is close to some of the most exciting outdoor adventure opportunities in the nation.
Because we’re so close to nature, students have the opportunity to engage in outdoor adventure activities like hiking, rafting, and skiing. Adventure programming allows students to learn new skills in a supportive, stress-free setting. Our outdoor adventure outings off-campus help Pennsylvania students step out of their comfort zone and build communication skills.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Pennsylvania teens
Parents seeking the most effective and transformative therapeutic solutions for their teen on the autism spectrum should consider autism boarding schools as an option. As an autism boarding school helping Pennsylvania teens, Seven Stars might be the best fit for your family. Our therapeutic and academic programming is specifically designed to address the individualized needs of teens on the spectrum.
The unique programming of our autism boarding school utilizes a mixture of academic, clinical, and adventure programming to help students develop important skills. Alternating between a residential, structure setting and off campus adventure activities helps students learn to adapt to new things and break outside of what they are comfortable with.
Our autism boarding school’s clinical approach provides optional stabilization for families in need of those services. Throughout your child’s time at Seven Stars, we carry out a thorough assessment. Assessments help target and better understand your child’s strengths and individualized needs. We use the results from these assessments to create individualized therapeutic plans for each of our students.
All of our staff our devoted to helping your child become the happiest and healthiest version of themselves. Throughout the program, we focus on working with your family. That being said, family programming at Seven Stars is based on the individual needs of your family. As we work with your family, we help create a communication strategy to help restore and rebuild relationships.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Adoption Issues
– Learning Issues.
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Issues related to Aspergers
– Sensory Issues.
– School Refusal
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Issues related to trauma.
– Online Addiction
– Family Conflict
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Developmental Immaturity
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
- New Research Sheds Light on Hypersensitivity in Teens with AutismHave you ever been in a loud restaurant and thought to yourself, “I wish they would turn the music down!”? Or maybe you’re in a particularly crowded store and wish you had a little more elbow room. While we’ve all felt discomfort in those moments, but for teens with autism... Read more »
- Distracted teen or ADHD in teens?If you have a teen in your life, you’ve noticed how they can simultaneously be answering a text message, watching a Youtube video, and searching the kitchen for snacks. We see teenagers flit from notification to notification on their multiple devices, but how can you tell if your teen is... Read more »
- Equine Therapy Helps Teens Build Nonverbal Social SkillsHorses speak in a language that teens on the spectrum struggle to understand in interactions their peers–most of their communication is through nonverbal cues. Whereas teens on the spectrum struggle with reading energy in their environment and take conversations at face value, when horses interact with humans, they act like... Read more »