Seven Stars, an autism boarding school helping Oregon teens ages 13-18, focuses on providing therapeutic support for autism spectrum disorder, processing issues, and ADHD. In addition to offering an accredited academic program, our autism boarding school provides Oregon teens with clinically advanced therapeutic programming. Many of the Oregon teens we help have struggled in the past to make friends, and have acted out at home.
Our goal is to provide Oregon teens with a nurturing environment where they can work towards reaching their goals and feeling successful. Rather than focusing on a student’s weaknesses, we focus on their strengths. Oregon students build skills and confidence throughout their time at our program.
Our autism boarding school is located away from Oregon, but we help families from across the country. Located in Utah, our campus is close to some of the most exciting outdoor adventure opportunities in the nation.
Because we’re so close to nature, students have the opportunity to engage in outdoor adventure activities like hiking, rafting, and skiing. Adventure programming allows students to learn new skills in a supportive, stress-free setting. Off-campus adventure outings help Oregon students build relationships skills and take steps out of their comfort zone.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Oregon teens
Parents seeking the most effective and transformative therapeutic solutions for their teen on the autism spectrum should consider autism boarding schools as an option. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Oregon teens, we understand how challenging the process of choosing the best program for your child can be. The clinical and academic curriculum at Seven Stars has been created to address the specific and individual needs of young people with neurodevelopmental issues and autism.
Every staff member is committed to helping each of our students achieve success during their time at our autism boarding school. Throughout the program, we focus on working with your family. Family programming is individualized to fit the specific needs of each family. We work with families to determine the best communication strategy for rebuilding relationships.
Within our autism boarding school’s therapeutic model, we provide stabilization for families who specifically request those services. Throughout your child’s time at Seven Stars, we carry out a thorough assessment. Our assessments help determine the individual strengths of students. We use the results from these assessments to create individualized therapeutic plans for each of our students.
At Seven Stars, we are a hybrid program that mixes residential school programming and clinical programming with off campus adventures. By switching between structured, home-like environments on campus and exciting adventures off campus, we help teens reach outside of their comfort zone.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Level 1 Autism
– Family Problems
– Learning Disorders.
– Refusing to go to school
– Mood Disorders
– Developmental Immaturity
– Video Game Addiction
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Autism-related issues
– Adoption Issues
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Academic failure.
– Trauma-related struggles.
- Brainspotting Helps Teens on the Spectrum Work Through TraumaWhile teens on the spectrum don’t always have the emotional vocabulary to talk through traumatic experiences, they are more in touch with how their body feels. There are a wide variety of evidence-based therapies that help teens utilize their physical awareness as a tool for emotional processing, from somatic experiencing... Read more »
- Helping Parents Navigate Their Child’s Levels of Moral ReasoningWhen we hold our babies for the first time they are completely dependent upon us. They depend on us for food, for safety, and for affection. We are tasked with teaching them how to walk, how to talk, for meeting all of their needs. As they get older, the role... Read more »
- The Neuroscience Behind Executive Functioning Issues in Autism Spectrum DisorderIt is important to note that executive functioning issues affect learning styles and study skills rather than intelligence in teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder. In fact, many teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder are highly intelligent, but have difficulties with organizing their thoughts and communicating them directly. This is related to... Read more »