Seven Stars, an autism boarding school helping Oregon teens ages 13-17, focuses on providing therapeutic support for autism spectrum disorder, processing issues, and ADHD. In addition to offering an accredited academic program, our autism boarding school provides Oregon teens with clinically advanced therapeutic programming. Many of the Oregon teens we help have struggled in the past to make friends, and have acted out at home.
Our goal is to provide Oregon teens with a nurturing environment where they can work towards reaching their goals and feeling successful. Rather than focusing on a student’s weaknesses, we focus on their strengths. Oregon students build skills and confidence throughout their time at our program.
Our autism boarding school is located away from Oregon, but we help families from across the country. Located in Utah, our campus is close to some of the most exciting outdoor adventure opportunities in the nation.
Because we’re so close to nature, students have the opportunity to engage in outdoor adventure activities like hiking, rafting, and skiing. Adventure programming allows students to learn new skills in a supportive, stress-free setting. Off-campus adventure outings help Oregon students build relationships skills and take steps out of their comfort zone.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Oregon teens
Parents seeking the most effective and transformative therapeutic solutions for their teen on the autism spectrum should consider autism boarding schools as an option. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Oregon teens, we understand how challenging the process of choosing the best program for your child can be. The clinical and academic curriculum at Seven Stars has been created to address the specific and individual needs of young people with neurodevelopmental issues and autism.
Every staff member is committed to helping each of our students achieve success during their time at our autism boarding school. Throughout the program, we focus on working with your family. Family programming is individualized to fit the specific needs of each family. We work with families to determine the best communication strategy for rebuilding relationships.
Within our autism boarding school’s therapeutic model, we provide stabilization for families who specifically request those services. Throughout your child’s time at Seven Stars, we carry out a thorough assessment. Our assessments help determine the individual strengths of students. We use the results from these assessments to create individualized therapeutic plans for each of our students.
At Seven Stars, we are a hybrid program that mixes residential school programming and clinical programming with off campus adventures. By switching between structured, home-like environments on campus and exciting adventures off campus, we help teens reach outside of their comfort zone.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Level 1 Autism
– Family Problems
– Learning Disorders.
– Refusing to go to school
– Mood Disorders
– Developmental Immaturity
– Video Game Addiction
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Autism-related issues
– Adoption Issues
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Academic failure.
– Trauma-related struggles.
- Regular Rebellious Behavior vs. School Refusal in a Teen with AutismSchool mornings can be a challenge at any age, and it’s no secret that most teenagers don’t want to go to school. As many teens begin to crave more autonomy, they may view school as boring or stifling. It’s not uncommon for teen’s to say that they don’t want to... Read more »
- Social Isolation and Autism: How To Help Teens on the Spectrum SocializeSocial relationships can be difficult for any teenager to navigate, but creating and maintaining relationships has another layer of complexity for teens on the spectrum. Working with teens on socialization is essential as it can boost self-esteem, increase a sense of belonging, and provide practice for essential skills like managing... Read more »
- The Benefits of Trying New HobbiesHave you ever found yourself feeling like every day is Groundhog Day? You do the same activities, watch the same shows, cook the same meals. It feels boring and uninspiring, but you can’t quite figure out how to break out of that rut. Trying a new activity can be the... Read more »