As an autism boarding school for Oklahoma teens, Seven Stars helps teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders such as Autism, ADHD, and Nonverbal Learning Disorder. Along with an accredited academic curriculum, our program helps provide Oklahoma students with therapeutic support guided by expert staff. Seven Stars helps Oklahoma teens struggling with behavioral, emotional, and social issues related to neurodevelopmental disorders like autism.
Our mission is to help Oklahoma teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders reach their fullest potential. Rather than focusing on a student’s weaknesses, we focus on their strengths. Oklahoma students build skills and confidence throughout their time at our program.
Seven Stars is located outside of Oklahoma, but we help teens from all over the country. Located in Utah, our campus is close to some of the most exciting outdoor adventure opportunities in the nation.
Our autism boarding school’s proximity to outdoor adventure opportunities allows for students to partake in exciting activities such as canoeing, mountain climbing, and hiking. These outdoor adventures provide a hands-on learning experience, in a stress-free environment. Our outdoor adventure outings off-campus help Oklahoma students step out of their comfort zone and build communication skills.
Getting Help At An Autism Boarding School for Oklahoma teens
Finding the best therapeutic option for your teen working through the challenges of autism or another neurodevelopmental disorder can be a difficult journey. As an autism boarding school helping Oklahoma teens, Seven Stars might be the best fit for your family. The clinical and academic curriculum at Seven Stars has been created to address the specific and individual needs of young people with neurodevelopmental issues and autism.
Our autism boarding school combines on-campus therapeutic and academic programming with off-campus adventure therapy excursions. By switching between structured, home-like environments on campus and exciting adventures off campus, we help teens reach outside of their comfort zone.
Each of our dedicated team members have the expertise and compassion needed to help your child find success. Our program is very family-focused. Family programming is individualized to fit the specific needs of each family. As we work with your family, we help create a communication strategy to help restore and rebuild relationships.
The therapeutic approach at our autism boarding school offers optional stabilization for families who need that service. Throughout your child’s time at Seven Stars, we carry out a thorough assessment. These assessments help provide information about your child’s strengths and treatment needs. We use the results from these assessments to create individualized therapeutic plans for each of our students.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Not attending school
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Issues related to Aspergers
– Video Game Addiction
– Social Difficulties
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Mood Disorders
– Issues related to trauma.
– Learning Issues.
- Does Every Teen on the Autism Spectrum Have Sensory Processing Disorder?While many individuals on the autism spectrum struggle with sensory sensitivities, not everyone with Sensory Processing Disorder is on the spectrum and vice versa. It is a common assumption that signs of sensory processing issues and attention issues may be related to co-occurring disorders, but they may also be explained... Read more »
- How to Make Video Game Time PositiveVideo games can be a hot button topic for parents. We don’t want to see our children glued to their screens or making unhealthy life choices, but there is recent evidence that when approached correctly, video games can have a positive impact on teens with autism. Autism and Video Games Video games... Read more »
- The Neuroscience Behind Executive Functioning Issues in Autism Spectrum DisorderIt is important to note that executive functioning issues affect learning styles and study skills rather than intelligence in teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder. In fact, many teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder are highly intelligent, but have difficulties with organizing their thoughts and communicating them directly. This is related to... Read more »