Seven Stars is an autism boarding school for North Carolina teens struggling with emotional, academic, and social challenges. Unlike other autism boarding schools for North Carolina teens, Seven Stars provides comprehensive therapeutic programming in addition to accredited academic programming. Seven Stars uses a combination approach for serving struggling teens that blends adventure activities, diagnostic/assessment services, residential treatment, and positive psychology.
Our autism boarding school is located in Utah, not in North Carolina. Though we are in Utah, we help teens and families from all over. Removing teens from North Carolina that are on the spectrum from their routines allows for a natural break in the day-to-day habits that teens on the spectrum can get stuck in. Although some parents may be hesitant about breaking the routines that their teens hold dearly, it’s important to note that habits and routines change over time. Breaking routines leads to improved habits.
At our premier autism boarding school for teens from North Carolina, we work with teens on the spectrum to help them achieve their goals. Through our program, teens develop the following skills:
– Self Determined: Teens define their own version of success and how to go after it.
– Self Awareness: Adolescents develop a conscious understanding of themselves.
– Self Directed: Teens learn how to self-regulate and adapt when they need to.
– Self Confident: Students feel unique, worthy, and special.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for North Carolina teens?
No parent wants to see their child from North Carolina have a hard time making friends or in school. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for North Carolina teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders, we provide a structured environment designed to improve the overall well being of our North Carolina students.
Our approach includes several intentionally designed therapeutic approaches which allow for personal, social, and educational growth. Every aspect of our program is designed to help foster personal growth within teens.
To learn how Seven Stars can help your teen, call us at 844-601-1167 today!
Therapeutic programming at Seven Stars takes place on and off campus where students alternate between adventure outings and residential treatment. Residential treatment takes place on campus and includes academic programming, individual therapy, and student life. With on-campus activities, we work on building skills in an educational setting in order to increase confidence and improve social skills.
During off-campus adventure programming, students experience fun and exciting activities designed to be both therapeutic and academic in nature. Not only do teens learn about their environment, they do so while partaking in fun activities such as rock climbing, backpacking, and skiing.
During their time at Seven Stars, students take part in many assessments that allow us to understand their unique strengths, instead of focusing on deficits. Some of the assessments that we use include a psychiatric assessment, social skills observations and interventions, a diet/health assessment, and also a multidisciplinary assessment.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Video Game Addiction
– Difficulties related to senses.
– Level 1 Autism
– Academic failure.
– Issues related to trauma.
– Immaturity related to development
– Social Difficulties
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Adoption Issues
– Learning Issues.
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Not attending school
– Challenges related to ADHD
- The Science of Gratitude: How Being Thankful Can Improve Your Mental HealthWhen it comes to our mental health, there are a lot of things that we can do to improve it. One of the simplest and most effective techniques is gratitude. Being grateful for the good things in your life may seem trivial, but research has shown that gratitude can significantly... Read more »
- Puberty and Mental HealthChanging Physiology Our modern world puts a lot of pressure on developing children. We are seeing increased rates of stress, clinical depression, anxiety, poor coping mechanisms, and more. Moreover, puberty brings volatility in behavior, attitudes, and moods that can outwardly look like mental health issues. Puberty can be a difficult time... Read more »
- Suicide Awareness and TeensSuicide Awareness And Teens Suicide and suicidal ideation is becoming increasingly prevalent in modern society. With so many additional stressors from the media, news, and peer pressure, some teens end up in situations in which they feel so powerless, depressed, and alone that they think suicide is a more attractive option.... Read more »