Seven Stars is an autism boarding school for New York teens struggling with emotional, academic, and social challenges. Unlike other autism boarding schools for New York teens, Seven Stars provides comprehensive therapeutic programming in addition to accredited academic programming. Seven Stars uses a combination approach for serving struggling teens that blends adventure activities, diagnostic/assessment services, residential treatment, and positive psychology.
Our leading autism boarding school is in Utah and not New York. However, we help families from all over the country. It is helpful to for New York teens on the spectrum to be taken out of their day-to-day environment, as this helps create a break in the routines that many teens with autism are dependent upon. And though some parents may be reluctant to take teens out of their routines, this will help them mature and grow in the long run. Breaking these habits now can help lead to better routines in the future.
At our premier autism boarding school for teens from New York, we work with teens on the spectrum to help them achieve their goals. Through our program, teens develop the following skills:
– Self Directed: Teens learn how to self-regulate and adapt when they need to.
– Self-Worth: Adolescents improve their confidence and feelings of being unique and special.
– Self Determined: Students find what motivates them; they discover their strengths, passions, and interest.
– Self Awareness: Adolescents develop a conscious understanding of themselves.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you promptly.
Why choose our autism boarding school for New York teens?
Parents never want to see their New York child have difficulties in school or making friends. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for New York teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders, we provide a structured environment designed to improve the overall well being of our New York students.
Our approach includes several intentionally designed therapeutic approaches which allow for personal, social, and educational growth. Every part of our program is intentionally designed to encourage growth for teens on the spectrum.
To learn how Seven Stars can help your teen, call us at 844-601-1167 today!
Treatment programming is a mix of residential treatment and adventure outings. Residential treatment occurs on campus and has therapeutic, educational, and social programming components. During their time on campus, we focus on rebuilding the confidence of students within a classroom setting and creating opportunities for the improvement of social skills.
Over the course of their time with us, teens receive a number of different assessments in order to fully understand their strengths and abilities, and not their challenges. These functional and formal assessments may include a speech and language assessment, standardized tests, social skills evaluation, and a health and diet assessment.
During off-campus adventure programming, students experience fun and exciting activities designed to be both therapeutic and academic in nature. Students learn from their environment while participating in activities such as skiing, backpacking, and rock climbing.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Difficulties related to senses.
– Level 1 Autism
– Learning Issues.
– Mood Disorders
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Social Difficulties
– School Refusal
– Online Addiction
– Struggling with academic success.
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Attention Deficit Disorder
- Social Isolation and Autism: How To Help Teens on the Spectrum SocializeSocial relationships can be difficult for any teenager to navigate, but creating and maintaining relationships has another layer of complexity for teens on the spectrum. Working with teens on socialization is essential as it can boost self-esteem, increase a sense of belonging, and provide practice for essential skills like managing... Read more »
- Speech & Language Challenges for Teens On the SpectrumThere is no one size fits all diagnosis for teens on the autism spectrum. What is challenging for one teen, may be a strength for another. And while each person is unique, some teens on the spectrum may struggle with speech and language issues. Types of Language and Speech Disorders Teens on... Read more »
- How to Help Your Picky Eater Child with AutismIntroducing your baby to their first solid food is a milestone in most parents’ lives. It marks a new phase in life as they begin to discover new flavors and textures. But some children, especially those with autism, do not get enjoyment from experiencing new foods, and this can continue... Read more »