Seven Stars is an autism boarding school that works with New Mexico teens that are experiencing social, emotional, and academic struggles. In contrast to other autism boarding schools for teens from New Mexico, Seven Stars offers a clinically intensive and holistic program along with our accredited academic program. Seven Stars has an innovative approach to working with teens on the spectrum, blending residential treatment services, adventure programming, and diagnostic services, all with a positive psychology philosophy.
Our autism boarding school is located in Utah, not in New Mexico. However, we help families from all over the country. It is helpful to for New Mexico teens on the spectrum to be taken out of their day-to-day environment, as this helps create a break in the routines that many teens with autism are dependent upon. Although some parents may be hesitant about breaking the routines that their teens hold dearly, it’s important to note that habits and routines change over time. Breaking routines leads to improved habits.
Our autism boarding school helps New Mexico teens become the best version of themselves. With our program, students develop these abilities:
– Self Directed: Teens learn how to self-regulate and adapt when they need to.
– Self Informed: Teens become more aware of how they show up, both emotionally and socially.
– Self Confident: Students feel unique, worthy, and special.
– Self Determined: Teens define their own version of success and how to go after it.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for New Mexico teens?
Parents never want to see their New Mexico child have difficulties in school or making friends. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for New Mexico teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders, we provide a structured environment designed to improve the overall well being of our New Mexico students.
Our approach includes several intentionally designed therapeutic approaches which allow for personal, social, and educational growth. Every aspect of our program is designed to help foster personal growth within teens.
Learn more about Seven Stars by calling 844-601-1167 today!
Throughout a student’s journey at Seven Stars, students receive a variety of assessments which highlight the strengths of students, rather than challenges. These functional and formal assessments may include a speech and language assessment, standardized tests, social skills evaluation, and a health and diet assessment.
When students are off-campus, they participate in exciting adventure activities which offer experiential learning and therapeutic opportunities. Students are able to learn about and from their environment in an experiential way while getting to participate in different activities like backpacking, skiing, and rock climbing.
Each week, students alternate between outdoor adventure activities off campus and residential treatment programming. The residential treatment component of our program is on-campus and has individual therapy, academic curriculum, and student life programming. When students are on campus, they are involved with educational programming in a classroom setting that builds confidence and also allows for improving social skills.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Issues making and keeping friends
– Not attending school
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Immaturity related to development
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Attachment Issues
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Level 1 Autism
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Online Addiction
– Learning-Related Challenges.
- Understanding the Link Between Autism and DepressionAutism and depression are distinct mental health conditions. Still, they can co-occur, and individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) may be more vulnerable to experiencing depression. According to a 2019 study, individuals on the spectrum are four times as likely to experience depression throughout their lives as their neurotypical... Read more »
- Engaging Autistic Teens in School: 7 Effective Strategies for SuccessEngaging autistic teenagers in school environments is essential for their academic, social, and emotional development. Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) can present unique challenges in school. However, educators, parents, and caregivers can create an inclusive and supportive environment that promotes learning and engagement with the right strategies. This blog explores seven of... Read more »
- Autism Awareness MonthApril is Autism Awareness Month and serves as a time to educate and increase public awareness about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Autism is a complex developmental disorder that affects a child’s ease of communication, social interaction, and behavior. Advocacy can involve a range of actions such as volunteering, donating, or educating. Here... Read more »