Seven Stars is an autism boarding school that works with New Jersey teens that are experiencing social, emotional, and academic struggles. In contrast to other autism boarding schools for teens from New Jersey, Seven Stars offers a clinically intensive and holistic program along with our accredited academic program. Seven Stars uses a combination approach for serving struggling teens that blends adventure activities, diagnostic/assessment services, residential treatment, and positive psychology.
Our leading autism boarding school is in Utah and not New Jersey. However, we help families from all over the country. By removing New Jersey teens on the autism spectrum from their everyday environment, this will allow for a break in the routines common among teens on the spectrum. Though it may seem like a challenge to for parents to do this, it’s important to recognize that this will shift into positive growth. Breaking these habits now can help lead to better routines in the future.
At our premier autism boarding school for teens from New Jersey, we work with teens on the spectrum to help them achieve their goals. With our program, students develop these abilities:
– Self Determined: Teens define their own version of success and how to go after it.
– Self Directed: Teens learn how to self-regulate and adapt when they need to.
– Self Informed: Teens become more aware of how they show up, both emotionally and socially.
– Self-Confidence: Teens develop the ability to trust themselves and their feelings.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for New Jersey teens?
No parent wants to see their child from New Jersey have a hard time making friends or in school. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for New Jersey teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders, we provide a structured environment designed to improve the overall well being of our New Jersey students.
Our approach includes several intentionally designed therapeutic approaches which allow for personal, social, and educational growth. Every piece of our program is incorporated to foster development and growth for teens.
To learn how Seven Stars can help your teen, call us at 844-601-1167 today!
Each week, students alternate between outdoor adventure activities off campus and residential treatment programming. Residential treatment takes place on campus and includes academic programming, individual therapy, and student life. When students are on campus, they are involved with educational programming in a classroom setting that builds confidence and also allows for improving social skills.
Over the course of their time with us, teens receive a number of different assessments in order to fully understand their strengths and abilities, and not their challenges. These functional and formal assessments may include a speech and language assessment, standardized tests, social skills evaluation, and a health and diet assessment.
With off-campus adventure activities, students are involved in new and fun activities that serve a dual purpose of being both educational and therapeutic. Students are able to learn about and from their environment in an experiential way while getting to participate in different activities like backpacking, skiing, and rock climbing.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Social Difficulties
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Adoption Issues
– Learning Issues.
– Issues related to trauma.
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Family Problems
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Refusing to go to school
– Difficulties related to senses.
– Video Game Addiction
– Immaturity related to development
- Fostering a Positive Relationship with School for Your ChildSchool can be a challenging place for any child, but students with autism face a unique set of challenges. If these challenges are not addressed properly, students can begin to have a negative association with school, which can lead to school refusal or acting out. To foster a positive relationship school... Read more »
- Struggling with School: How To Help Teens on the SpectrumAdolescence can present many challenges for teens on the spectrum, and falling behind academically can put additional stress and pressure on both students and their families. In addition to low grades, poor performance in school can leave teens feeling defeated and depressed, with ASD teens nearly three times more likely... Read more »
- Social Isolation and Autism: How To Help Teens on the Spectrum SocializeSocial relationships can be difficult for any teenager to navigate, but creating and maintaining relationships has another layer of complexity for teens on the spectrum. Working with teens on socialization is essential as it can boost self-esteem, increase a sense of belonging, and provide practice for essential skills like managing... Read more »