Steven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Nebraska teens with emotional, social, and academic difficulties. Unlike any other autism boarding schools that support Nebraska teens, Seven Stars has a comprehensive therapeutic program as well as an accredited educational program. Seven Stars has an innovative approach to working with teens on the spectrum, blending residential treatment services, adventure programming, and diagnostic services, all with a positive psychology philosophy.
Our leading autism boarding school is in Utah and not Nebraska. Even though we are not in Nebraska, we serve families from across the country. It is helpful to for Nebraska teens on the spectrum to be taken out of their day-to-day environment, as this helps create a break in the routines that many teens with autism are dependent upon. Though it may seem like a challenge to for parents to do this, it’s important to recognize that this will shift into positive growth. Breaking these habits now can help lead to better routines in the future.
At our premier autism boarding school for teens from Nebraska, we work with teens on the spectrum to help them achieve their goals. Throughout our programming, students learn to be:
– Self Directed: Students learn what their needs are and the most healthy way to meet them.
– Self Determined: Students find what motivates them; they discover their strengths, passions, and interest.
– Self-Confidence: Teens develop the ability to trust themselves and their feelings.
– Self Informed: Teens become more aware of how they show up, both emotionally and socially.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Nebraska teens?
No parent wants to see their child from Nebraska have a hard time making friends or in school. Seven Stars is a leading autism boarding school for Nebraska adolescents on the autism spectrum and we provide a warm and welcoming setting created to improve Nebraska students’ overall well being.
Our approach includes several intentionally designed therapeutic approaches which allow for personal, social, and educational growth. Every piece of our program is incorporated to foster development and growth for teens.
For more information about Seven Stars, please call 844-601-1167 today!
During their time at Seven Stars, students take part in many assessments that allow us to understand their unique strengths, instead of focusing on deficits. Some of the assessments that we use include a psychiatric assessment, social skills observations and interventions, a diet/health assessment, and also a multidisciplinary assessment.
Each week, students alternate between outdoor adventure activities off campus and residential treatment programming. Residential treatment occurs on campus and has therapeutic, educational, and social programming components. With on-campus activities, we work on building skills in an educational setting in order to increase confidence and improve social skills.
With off-campus adventure activities, students are involved in new and fun activities that serve a dual purpose of being both educational and therapeutic. Not only do teens learn about their environment, they do so while partaking in fun activities such as rock climbing, backpacking, and skiing.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Video Game Addiction
– Family Problems
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Struggling with academic success.
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Not attending school
– Learning Issues.
– Attachment Issues
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- The Difference Between Positive and Negative Smartphone Use in TeensIt’s no secret that smartphone usage is on the rise, in fact approximately 81 percent of Americans own a smartphone. Not only that but, the average smartphone user spends nearly 3 hours per day on their smartphone. To some, this may not sound like that big of a number, but... Read more »
- Autism and the Outdoors: How Nature Can Help Teens ThriveAutism and Nature Autism is a developmental disorder that affects communication and social interaction to varying degrees. It is complex and affects everyone slightly differently. For many teens, autism can be a particularly stressful challenge. They may feel like they don’t fit in with their peers, or they may not know... Read more »
- How to Express Love to Your Autistic ChildIt’s important to express love to those who are close to us, and parents of autistic children may encounter unexpected learning curves. It’s important to find ways to show love to children in ways that reflect their own uniqueness and make them feel seen and supported. Children with Autism Spectrum... Read more »