Steven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Nebraska teens with emotional, social, and academic difficulties. Unlike any other autism boarding schools that support Nebraska teens, Seven Stars has a comprehensive therapeutic program as well as an accredited educational program. Seven Stars has an innovative approach to working with teens on the spectrum, blending residential treatment services, adventure programming, and diagnostic services, all with a positive psychology philosophy.
Our leading autism boarding school is in Utah and not Nebraska. Even though we are not in Nebraska, we serve families from across the country. It is helpful to for Nebraska teens on the spectrum to be taken out of their day-to-day environment, as this helps create a break in the routines that many teens with autism are dependent upon. Though it may seem like a challenge to for parents to do this, it’s important to recognize that this will shift into positive growth. Breaking these habits now can help lead to better routines in the future.
At our premier autism boarding school for teens from Nebraska, we work with teens on the spectrum to help them achieve their goals. Throughout our programming, students learn to be:
– Self Directed: Students learn what their needs are and the most healthy way to meet them.
– Self Determined: Students find what motivates them; they discover their strengths, passions, and interest.
– Self-Confidence: Teens develop the ability to trust themselves and their feelings.
– Self Informed: Teens become more aware of how they show up, both emotionally and socially.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Nebraska teens?
No parent wants to see their child from Nebraska have a hard time making friends or in school. Seven Stars is a leading autism boarding school for Nebraska adolescents on the autism spectrum and we provide a warm and welcoming setting created to improve Nebraska students’ overall well being.
Our approach includes several intentionally designed therapeutic approaches which allow for personal, social, and educational growth. Every piece of our program is incorporated to foster development and growth for teens.
For more information about Seven Stars, please call 844-601-1167 today!
During their time at Seven Stars, students take part in many assessments that allow us to understand their unique strengths, instead of focusing on deficits. Some of the assessments that we use include a psychiatric assessment, social skills observations and interventions, a diet/health assessment, and also a multidisciplinary assessment.
Each week, students alternate between outdoor adventure activities off campus and residential treatment programming. Residential treatment occurs on campus and has therapeutic, educational, and social programming components. With on-campus activities, we work on building skills in an educational setting in order to increase confidence and improve social skills.
With off-campus adventure activities, students are involved in new and fun activities that serve a dual purpose of being both educational and therapeutic. Not only do teens learn about their environment, they do so while partaking in fun activities such as rock climbing, backpacking, and skiing.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Video Game Addiction
– Family Problems
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Struggling with academic success.
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Not attending school
– Learning Issues.
– Attachment Issues
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- When Your Teen Lives Online: Dealing with Internet AddictionIn the United States, technology has gradually become a big part of our lives. Currently, the most popular form of technology is information technology or I.T. for short. This mainly includes communication or information sharing via computers and the internet. While there are many benefits to the advancement of information... Read more »
- The Science of Gratitude: How Being Thankful Can Improve Your Mental HealthWhen it comes to our mental health, there are a lot of things that we can do to improve it. One of the simplest and most effective techniques is gratitude. Being grateful for the good things in your life may seem trivial, but research has shown that gratitude can significantly... Read more »
- How to talk to your child about Autism and LGBT issuesConversations About Autism and LGBT Issues Don’t Have to be Difficult Not everyone is well versed in explaining complex conversations to their children. Sometimes prep work is needed or time to let them explore the topic at hand so they can have some questions in mind. There are a few things... Read more »