Steven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Mississippi teens with emotional, social, and academic difficulties. Unlike any other autism boarding schools that support Mississippi teens, Seven Stars has a comprehensive therapeutic program as well as an accredited educational program. Seven Stars uses a combination approach for serving struggling teens that blends adventure activities, diagnostic/assessment services, residential treatment, and positive psychology.
Our top autism boarding school is not located in Mississippi, and instead is in Utah. However, we help families from all over the country. Removing teens from Mississippi that are on the spectrum from their routines allows for a natural break in the day-to-day habits that teens on the spectrum can get stuck in. And though some parents may be reluctant to take teens out of their routines, this will help them mature and grow in the long run. Breaking routines leads to improved habits.
At our premier autism boarding school for teens from Mississippi, we work with teens on the spectrum to help them achieve their goals. Throughout our programming, students learn to be:
– Self Awareness: Adolescents develop a conscious understanding of themselves.
– Self Directed: Teens learn how to self-regulate and adapt when they need to.
– Self Confident: Students feel unique, worthy, and special.
– Self Determined: Students find what motivates them; they discover their strengths, passions, and interest.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Mississippi teens?
Parents never want to see their Mississippi child have difficulties in school or making friends. At Seven Stars, a premier autism boarding school for teens from Mississippi with neurodevelopmental disorders, we offer a safe and nurturing setting designed to promote happy and healthy lives for Mississippi teens.
Our unique model is made up of several unique treatment methods that are purposefully designed to support emotional, academic, and social development. Every piece of our program is incorporated to foster development and growth for teens.
For more information about Seven Stars, please call 844-601-1167 today!
During their time at Seven Stars, students take part in many assessments that allow us to understand their unique strengths, instead of focusing on deficits. Assessments that may be administered include a social skills assessment, a speech and language evaluation, and a diet and health assessment.
When students are off-campus, they participate in exciting adventure activities which offer experiential learning and therapeutic opportunities. Students are able to learn about and from their environment in an experiential way while getting to participate in different activities like backpacking, skiing, and rock climbing.
Each week, students alternate between outdoor adventure activities off campus and residential treatment programming. The residential treatment component of our program is on-campus and has individual therapy, academic curriculum, and student life programming. When students are on campus, they are involved with educational programming in a classroom setting that builds confidence and also allows for improving social skills.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Developmental Immaturity
– Online Addiction
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Issues related to Aspergers
– Refusing to go to school
– Adoption Issues
– Learning Issues.
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Family Problems
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Sensory Issues.
- Regular Rebellious Behavior vs. School Refusal in a Teen with AutismSchool mornings can be a challenge at any age, and it’s no secret that most teenagers don’t want to go to school. As many teens begin to crave more autonomy, they may view school as boring or stifling. It’s not uncommon for teen’s to say that they don’t want to... Read more »
- Brains of Teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder Work DifferentlyUnderstanding the developing mind and brain of a teenager with all of the changes they are going through can be extremely difficult. This difficulty can be compounded when you have a teen with Autism Spectrum Disorder as their brain works differently from neurotypical teenagers. To assist your teen as they... Read more »
- Speech & Language Challenges for Teens On the SpectrumThere is no one size fits all diagnosis for teens on the autism spectrum. What is challenging for one teen, may be a strength for another. And while each person is unique, some teens on the spectrum may struggle with speech and language issues. Types of Language and Speech Disorders Teens on... Read more »