Steven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Mississippi teens with emotional, social, and academic difficulties. Unlike any other autism boarding schools that support Mississippi teens, Seven Stars has a comprehensive therapeutic program as well as an accredited educational program. Seven Stars uses a combination approach for serving struggling teens that blends adventure activities, diagnostic/assessment services, residential treatment, and positive psychology.
Our top autism boarding school is not located in Mississippi, and instead is in Utah. However, we help families from all over the country. Removing teens from Mississippi that are on the spectrum from their routines allows for a natural break in the day-to-day habits that teens on the spectrum can get stuck in. And though some parents may be reluctant to take teens out of their routines, this will help them mature and grow in the long run. Breaking routines leads to improved habits.
At our premier autism boarding school for teens from Mississippi, we work with teens on the spectrum to help them achieve their goals. Throughout our programming, students learn to be:
– Self Awareness: Adolescents develop a conscious understanding of themselves.
– Self Directed: Teens learn how to self-regulate and adapt when they need to.
– Self Confident: Students feel unique, worthy, and special.
– Self Determined: Students find what motivates them; they discover their strengths, passions, and interest.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Mississippi teens?
Parents never want to see their Mississippi child have difficulties in school or making friends. At Seven Stars, a premier autism boarding school for teens from Mississippi with neurodevelopmental disorders, we offer a safe and nurturing setting designed to promote happy and healthy lives for Mississippi teens.
Our unique model is made up of several unique treatment methods that are purposefully designed to support emotional, academic, and social development. Every piece of our program is incorporated to foster development and growth for teens.
For more information about Seven Stars, please call 844-601-1167 today!
During their time at Seven Stars, students take part in many assessments that allow us to understand their unique strengths, instead of focusing on deficits. Assessments that may be administered include a social skills assessment, a speech and language evaluation, and a diet and health assessment.
When students are off-campus, they participate in exciting adventure activities which offer experiential learning and therapeutic opportunities. Students are able to learn about and from their environment in an experiential way while getting to participate in different activities like backpacking, skiing, and rock climbing.
Each week, students alternate between outdoor adventure activities off campus and residential treatment programming. The residential treatment component of our program is on-campus and has individual therapy, academic curriculum, and student life programming. When students are on campus, they are involved with educational programming in a classroom setting that builds confidence and also allows for improving social skills.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Developmental Immaturity
– Online Addiction
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Issues related to Aspergers
– Refusing to go to school
– Adoption Issues
– Learning Issues.
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Family Problems
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Sensory Issues.
- Helping Autistic Teens Who Have Been BulliedBullying is defined as unwanted, aggressive behavior among school-aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. (CDC, 2016) Autism and bullying surrounding those with ASD is a serious issue. There are many different types of... Read more »
- Suicide Awareness and TeensSuicide Awareness And Teens Suicide and suicidal ideation is becoming increasingly prevalent in modern society. With so many additional stressors from the media, news, and peer pressure, some teens end up in situations in which they feel so powerless, depressed, and alone that they think suicide is a more attractive option.... Read more »
- What is Neurodiversity?If you’ve explored the twenty-first-century mental health landscape you’ve probably come across the terms “neurodiverse” or “neurodiversity” and wondered what they mean. So let’s get into it, what exactly is neurodiversity? Neurodiversity, short for neurological diversity, is the concept that there is natural variation in the human brain that leads to... Read more »