Steven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Minnesota teens with emotional, social, and academic difficulties. In contrast to other autism boarding schools for teens from Minnesota, Seven Stars offers a clinically intensive and holistic program along with our accredited academic program. Seven Stars uses a combination approach for serving struggling teens that blends adventure activities, diagnostic/assessment services, residential treatment, and positive psychology.
Our top autism boarding school is not located in Minnesota, and instead is in Utah. Even though we are not in Minnesota, we serve families from across the country. Removing teens from Minnesota that are on the spectrum from their routines allows for a natural break in the day-to-day habits that teens on the spectrum can get stuck in. Though it may seem like a challenge to for parents to do this, it’s important to recognize that this will shift into positive growth. Breaking routines leads to improved habits.
Our autism boarding school helps Minnesota teens become the best version of themselves. With our program, students develop these abilities:
– Self Motivated: Adolescents discover what motivates them and this helps them pursue their goals and interests.
– Self-Confidence: Teens develop the ability to trust themselves and their feelings.
– Self Directed: Adolescents understand what is important to them and how to meet these needs.
– Self Aware: Students become more emotionally aware.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Minnesota teens?
Parents never want to see their Minnesota child have difficulties in school or making friends. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Minnesota teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders, we provide a structured environment designed to improve the overall well being of our Minnesota students.
Our approach includes several intentionally designed therapeutic approaches which allow for personal, social, and educational growth. Every piece of our program is incorporated to foster development and growth for teens.
To learn how Seven Stars can help your teen, call us at 844-601-1167 today!
Therapeutic programming at Seven Stars takes place on and off campus where students alternate between adventure outings and residential treatment. The residential treatment component of our program is on-campus and has individual therapy, academic curriculum, and student life programming. During their time on campus, we focus on rebuilding the confidence of students within a classroom setting and creating opportunities for the improvement of social skills.
With off-campus adventure activities, students are involved in new and fun activities that serve a dual purpose of being both educational and therapeutic. Students are able to learn about and from their environment in an experiential way while getting to participate in different activities like backpacking, skiing, and rock climbing.
Throughout a student’s journey at Seven Stars, students receive a variety of assessments which highlight the strengths of students, rather than challenges. Some of the assessments that we use include a psychiatric assessment, social skills observations and interventions, a diet/health assessment, and also a multidisciplinary assessment.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Video Game Addiction
– Family Problems
– Sensory Issues.
– Level 1 Autism
– Not attending school
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Struggling with academic success.
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Developmental Immaturity
– Social Difficulties
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Challenges related to ADHD
- How to Express Love to Your Autistic ChildIt’s important to express love to those who are close to us, and parents of autistic children may encounter unexpected learning curves. It’s important to find ways to show love to children in ways that reflect their own uniqueness and make them feel seen and supported. Children with Autism Spectrum... Read more »
- Engaging Autistic Teens in School: 7 Effective Strategies for SuccessEngaging autistic teenagers in school environments is essential for their academic, social, and emotional development. Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) can present unique challenges in school. However, educators, parents, and caregivers can create an inclusive and supportive environment that promotes learning and engagement with the right strategies. This blog explores seven of... Read more »
- Tips for Keeping The Holidays with the Family Stress-FreeHome for the Holidays For so many, the holidays are a time of joy and reconnection with those that don’t get to be visited often. The holidays can be a stressful time for families, especially when mental health issues are involved. In order to make the most of this special time... Read more »