Steven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Minnesota teens with emotional, social, and academic difficulties. In contrast to other autism boarding schools for teens from Minnesota, Seven Stars offers a clinically intensive and holistic program along with our accredited academic program. Seven Stars uses a combination approach for serving struggling teens that blends adventure activities, diagnostic/assessment services, residential treatment, and positive psychology.
Our top autism boarding school is not located in Minnesota, and instead is in Utah. Even though we are not in Minnesota, we serve families from across the country. Removing teens from Minnesota that are on the spectrum from their routines allows for a natural break in the day-to-day habits that teens on the spectrum can get stuck in. Though it may seem like a challenge to for parents to do this, it’s important to recognize that this will shift into positive growth. Breaking routines leads to improved habits.
Our autism boarding school helps Minnesota teens become the best version of themselves. With our program, students develop these abilities:
– Self Motivated: Adolescents discover what motivates them and this helps them pursue their goals and interests.
– Self-Confidence: Teens develop the ability to trust themselves and their feelings.
– Self Directed: Adolescents understand what is important to them and how to meet these needs.
– Self Aware: Students become more emotionally aware.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Minnesota teens?
Parents never want to see their Minnesota child have difficulties in school or making friends. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Minnesota teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders, we provide a structured environment designed to improve the overall well being of our Minnesota students.
Our approach includes several intentionally designed therapeutic approaches which allow for personal, social, and educational growth. Every piece of our program is incorporated to foster development and growth for teens.
To learn how Seven Stars can help your teen, call us at 844-601-1167 today!
Therapeutic programming at Seven Stars takes place on and off campus where students alternate between adventure outings and residential treatment. The residential treatment component of our program is on-campus and has individual therapy, academic curriculum, and student life programming. During their time on campus, we focus on rebuilding the confidence of students within a classroom setting and creating opportunities for the improvement of social skills.
With off-campus adventure activities, students are involved in new and fun activities that serve a dual purpose of being both educational and therapeutic. Students are able to learn about and from their environment in an experiential way while getting to participate in different activities like backpacking, skiing, and rock climbing.
Throughout a student’s journey at Seven Stars, students receive a variety of assessments which highlight the strengths of students, rather than challenges. Some of the assessments that we use include a psychiatric assessment, social skills observations and interventions, a diet/health assessment, and also a multidisciplinary assessment.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Video Game Addiction
– Family Problems
– Sensory Issues.
– Level 1 Autism
– Not attending school
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Struggling with academic success.
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Developmental Immaturity
– Social Difficulties
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Challenges related to ADHD
- New Research Sheds Light on Hypersensitivity in Teens with AutismHave you ever been in a loud restaurant and thought to yourself, “I wish they would turn the music down!”? Or maybe you’re in a particularly crowded store and wish you had a little more elbow room. While we’ve all felt discomfort in those moments, but for teens with autism... Read more »
- Support For Teens With Autism: How to Choose the Right Help for Your Family’s NeedsSupport For Teens With Autism: How to Choose the Right Help for Your Family’s Needs According to a recent article by Science Daily, new research suggests that exposure to diagnostic ultrasound in the first trimester of pregnancy may be linked to increased autism severity. The study was conducted by researchers at... Read more »
- How to Make Video Game Time PositiveVideo games can be a hot button topic for parents. We don’t want to see our children glued to their screens or making unhealthy life choices, but there is recent evidence that when approached correctly, video games can have a positive impact on teens with autism. Autism and Video Games Video games... Read more »