Steven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Michigan teens with emotional, social, and academic difficulties. Unlike other autism boarding schools for Michigan teens, Seven Stars provides comprehensive therapeutic programming in addition to accredited academic programming. Seven Stars takes a unique approach to helping struggling teens, combining outdoor adventure programming, residential treatment, diagnostic services, and positive psychology.
Our top autism boarding school is not located in Michigan, and instead is in Utah. However, we help families from all over the country. By removing Michigan teens on the autism spectrum from their everyday environment, this will allow for a break in the routines common among teens on the spectrum. Though it may seem like a challenge to for parents to do this, it’s important to recognize that this will shift into positive growth. Breaking current routines can lead to healthier habits in the future.
Our autism boarding school helps Michigan teens become the best version of themselves. Throughout our programming, students learn to be:
– Self Informed: Teens become more aware of how they show up, both emotionally and socially.
– Self Directed: Students learn what their needs are and the most healthy way to meet them.
– Self Confident: Students feel unique, worthy, and special.
– Self Determined: Students find what motivates them; they discover their strengths, passions, and interest.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you promptly.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Michigan teens?
No Michigan parent wants to see their child struggle to make friends or to succeed in school. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Michigan teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders, we provide a structured environment designed to improve the overall well being of our Michigan students.
Our model consists of a combination of treatment and assessments which allow for emotional, social, and academic growth. Every piece of our program is incorporated to foster development and growth for teens.
For more information about Seven Stars, please call 844-601-1167 today!
During off-campus adventure programming, students experience fun and exciting activities designed to be both therapeutic and academic in nature. Students learn from their environment while participating in activities such as skiing, backpacking, and rock climbing.
Treatment programming is a mix of residential treatment and adventure outings. Residential treatment occurs on campus and has therapeutic, educational, and social programming components. With on-campus activities, we work on building skills in an educational setting in order to increase confidence and improve social skills.
Throughout a student’s journey at Seven Stars, students receive a variety of assessments which highlight the strengths of students, rather than challenges. These functional and formal assessments may include a speech and language assessment, standardized tests, social skills evaluation, and a health and diet assessment.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Adoption Issues
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Not attending school
– Developmental Immaturity
– Family Conflict
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Online Addiction
– Sensory Related Issues.
- How to talk to your child about Autism and LGBT issuesConversations About Autism and LGBT Issues Don’t Have to be Difficult Not everyone is well versed in explaining complex conversations to their children. Sometimes prep work is needed or time to let them explore the topic at hand so they can have some questions in mind. There are a few things... Read more »
- When Your Teen Lives Online: Dealing with Internet AddictionIn the United States, technology has gradually become a big part of our lives. Currently, the most popular form of technology is information technology or I.T. for short. This mainly includes communication or information sharing via computers and the internet. While there are many benefits to the advancement of information... Read more »
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »