Seven Stars is an autism boarding school for Maryland teens struggling with emotional, academic, and social challenges. Unlike other autism boarding schools for Maryland teens, Seven Stars provides comprehensive therapeutic programming in addition to accredited academic programming. Seven Stars uses a combination approach for serving struggling teens that blends adventure activities, diagnostic/assessment services, residential treatment, and positive psychology.
Our leading autism boarding school is in Utah and not Maryland. Though we are in Utah, we help teens and families from all over. It is helpful to for Maryland teens on the spectrum to be taken out of their day-to-day environment, as this helps create a break in the routines that many teens with autism are dependent upon. And though some parents may be reluctant to take teens out of their routines, this will help them mature and grow in the long run. Breaking routines leads to improved habits.
At our premier autism boarding school for teens from Maryland, we work with teens on the spectrum to help them achieve their goals. With our program, students develop these abilities:
– Self Directed: Students learn what their needs are and the most healthy way to meet them.
– Self Motivated: Adolescents discover what motivates them and this helps them pursue their goals and interests.
– Self Aware: Students become more emotionally aware.
– Self-Confidence: Teens develop the ability to trust themselves and their feelings.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Maryland teens?
No Maryland parent wants to see their child struggle to make friends or to succeed in school. At Seven Stars, a premier autism boarding school for teens from Maryland with neurodevelopmental disorders, we offer a safe and nurturing setting designed to promote happy and healthy lives for Maryland teens.
Our unique model is made up of several unique treatment methods that are purposefully designed to support emotional, academic, and social development. Every part of our program is intentionally designed to encourage growth for teens on the spectrum.
Learn more about Seven Stars by calling 844-601-1167 today!
Throughout a student’s journey at Seven Stars, students receive a variety of assessments which highlight the strengths of students, rather than challenges. Some of the assessments that we use include a psychiatric assessment, social skills observations and interventions, a diet/health assessment, and also a multidisciplinary assessment.
During off-campus adventure programming, students experience fun and exciting activities designed to be both therapeutic and academic in nature. Not only do teens learn about their environment, they do so while partaking in fun activities such as rock climbing, backpacking, and skiing.
Therapeutic programming at Seven Stars takes place on and off campus where students alternate between adventure outings and residential treatment. Residential treatment occurs on campus and has therapeutic, educational, and social programming components. With on-campus activities, we work on building skills in an educational setting in order to increase confidence and improve social skills.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Level 1 Autism
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Online Addiction
– Immaturity related to development
– Issues related to trauma.
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Struggling with academic success.
– Social Difficulties
– Learning Disorders.
– Refusing to go to school
– Issues related to mood disorders.
- Behavioral Aspects of Therapeutic ProgrammingMany parents have behaviors they wish they could change in their children. And while we try to celebrate our children for exactly who they are, there may be times when behaviors are negatively impacting your child’s life and it is time to look for more options. Understanding the Behavior Applied Behavior Analysis... Read more »
- Social Isolation and Autism: How To Help Teens on the Spectrum SocializeSocial relationships can be difficult for any teenager to navigate, but creating and maintaining relationships has another layer of complexity for teens on the spectrum. Working with teens on socialization is essential as it can boost self-esteem, increase a sense of belonging, and provide practice for essential skills like managing... Read more »
- Family Programming: Working On The Family Relationship During TreatmentFinding the right treatment program for your teen can feel like an overwhelming task. You have to take into account your teen’s specific needs and struggles while also making sure that the program and its staff are the best fit possible. An important service that Seven Stars uses with our... Read more »