Seven Stars is an autism boarding school for Maine teens struggling with emotional, academic, and social challenges. In contrast to other autism boarding schools for teens from Maine, Seven Stars offers a clinically intensive and holistic program along with our accredited academic program. Seven Stars uses a combination approach for serving struggling teens that blends adventure activities, diagnostic/assessment services, residential treatment, and positive psychology.
Our top autism boarding school is not located in Maine, and instead is in Utah. Though we are in Utah, we help teens and families from all over. Removing teens from Maine that are on the spectrum from their routines allows for a natural break in the day-to-day habits that teens on the spectrum can get stuck in. And though some parents may be reluctant to take teens out of their routines, this will help them mature and grow in the long run. Breaking these habits now can help lead to better routines in the future.
At our autism boarding school for Maine teens, we help teens reach their fullest potential. Throughout our programming, students learn to be:
– Self-Confidence: Teens develop the ability to trust themselves and their feelings.
– Self Aware: Students become more emotionally aware.
– Self Directed: Adolescents understand what is important to them and how to meet these needs.
– Self Motivated: Adolescents discover what motivates them and this helps them pursue their goals and interests.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you promptly.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Maine teens?
No parent wants to see their child from Maine have a hard time making friends or in school. At Seven Stars, a premier autism boarding school for teens from Maine with neurodevelopmental disorders, we offer a safe and nurturing setting designed to promote happy and healthy lives for Maine teens.
Our model consists of a combination of treatment and assessments which allow for emotional, social, and academic growth. Every aspect of our program is designed to help foster personal growth within teens.
Learn more about Seven Stars by calling 844-601-1167 today!
During off-campus adventure programming, students experience fun and exciting activities designed to be both therapeutic and academic in nature. Students are able to learn about and from their environment in an experiential way while getting to participate in different activities like backpacking, skiing, and rock climbing.
Each week, students alternate between outdoor adventure activities off campus and residential treatment programming. The residential treatment component of our program is on-campus and has individual therapy, academic curriculum, and student life programming. When students are on campus, they are involved with educational programming in a classroom setting that builds confidence and also allows for improving social skills.
During their time at Seven Stars, students take part in many assessments that allow us to understand their unique strengths, instead of focusing on deficits. These functional and formal assessments may include a speech and language assessment, standardized tests, social skills evaluation, and a health and diet assessment.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Level 1 Autism
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Attachment Issues
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Learning Issues.
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Refusing to go to school
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Issues making and keeping friends
– Video Game Addiction
– Family Problems
– Difficulties related to senses.
- Family Programming: Working On The Family Relationship During TreatmentFinding the right treatment program for your teen can feel like an overwhelming task. You have to take into account your teen’s specific needs and struggles while also making sure that the program and its staff are the best fit possible. An important service that Seven Stars uses with our... Read more »
- Social Isolation and Autism: How To Help Teens on the Spectrum SocializeSocial relationships can be difficult for any teenager to navigate, but creating and maintaining relationships has another layer of complexity for teens on the spectrum. Working with teens on socialization is essential as it can boost self-esteem, increase a sense of belonging, and provide practice for essential skills like managing... Read more »
- How to Help Your Picky Eater Child with AutismIntroducing your baby to their first solid food is a milestone in most parents’ lives. It marks a new phase in life as they begin to discover new flavors and textures. But some children, especially those with autism, do not get enjoyment from experiencing new foods, and this can continue... Read more »