Seven Stars is an autism boarding school that works with Kentucky teens that are experiencing social, emotional, and academic struggles. Unlike any other autism boarding schools that support Kentucky teens, Seven Stars has a comprehensive therapeutic program as well as an accredited educational program. Seven Stars takes a unique approach to helping struggling teens, combining outdoor adventure programming, residential treatment, diagnostic services, and positive psychology.
Our autism boarding school is located in Utah, not in Kentucky. However, we help families from all over the country. Removing teens from Kentucky that are on the spectrum from their routines allows for a natural break in the day-to-day habits that teens on the spectrum can get stuck in. Although some parents may be hesitant about breaking the routines that their teens hold dearly, it’s important to note that habits and routines change over time. Breaking these habits now can help lead to better routines in the future.
Our autism boarding school helps Kentucky teens become the best version of themselves. With our program, students develop these abilities:
– Self Confident: Students feel unique, worthy, and special.
– Self Determined: Teens define their own version of success and how to go after it.
– Self Informed: Teens become more aware of how they show up, both emotionally and socially.
– Self Directed: Teens learn how to self-regulate and adapt when they need to.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose our autism boarding school for Kentucky teens?
Parents never want to see their Kentucky child have difficulties in school or making friends. At Seven Stars, an autism boarding school for Kentucky teens struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders, we provide a structured environment designed to improve the overall well being of our Kentucky students.
Our approach includes several intentionally designed therapeutic approaches which allow for personal, social, and educational growth. Every piece of our program is incorporated to foster development and growth for teens.
To learn how Seven Stars can help your teen, call us at 844-601-1167 today!
During their time at Seven Stars, students take part in many assessments that allow us to understand their unique strengths, instead of focusing on deficits. Assessments that may be administered include a social skills assessment, a speech and language evaluation, and a diet and health assessment.
With off-campus adventure activities, students are involved in new and fun activities that serve a dual purpose of being both educational and therapeutic. Students are able to learn about and from their environment in an experiential way while getting to participate in different activities like backpacking, skiing, and rock climbing.
Each week, students alternate between outdoor adventure activities off campus and residential treatment programming. Residential treatment takes place on campus and includes academic programming, individual therapy, and student life. During their time on campus, we focus on rebuilding the confidence of students within a classroom setting and creating opportunities for the improvement of social skills.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Issues related to trauma.
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Refusing to go to school
– Family Conflict
– Immaturity related to development
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Learning Issues.
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Mood Disorders
– Online Addiction
– Autism-related issues
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
- Engaging Autistic Teens in School: 7 Effective Strategies for SuccessEngaging autistic teenagers in school environments is essential for their academic, social, and emotional development. Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) can present unique challenges in school. However, educators, parents, and caregivers can create an inclusive and supportive environment that promotes learning and engagement with the right strategies. This blog explores seven of... Read more »
- The Difference Between Positive and Negative Smartphone Use in TeensIt’s no secret that smartphone usage is on the rise, in fact approximately 81 percent of Americans own a smartphone. Not only that but, the average smartphone user spends nearly 3 hours per day on their smartphone. To some, this may not sound like that big of a number, but... Read more »
- How Equine Therapy Helps Teens With AutismAutism affects people from all walks of life and can lead to challenges interacting in social situations—particularly for teenagers, who are prone to increased anxiety and difficulty focusing during this period of immense physical and emotional development. Unfortunately, traditional forms of therapy alone don’t always have the desired effect when... Read more »