Is your Kansas child on the autism spectrum struggling with social and academic issues? Seven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Kansas teens – ages 13-17 – with autism get the therapeutic care they need. At our autism boarding school, we help Kansas teens with autism create lasting changes that positively affect their self-confidence and resilience.
The unique program of our autism boarding school supports Kansas teens with a combination approach that uses all the best features of stabilization/assessment, residential treatment, and wilderness therapy. As a leading autism boarding school for teens from Kansas, we utilize positive psychology for the basis of our work. This means we use a strengths-based approach instead of focusing on students’ deficits. From these strengths, we are able to build an individualized treatment plan.
Although we are located in Utah and not in Kansas, we help teens from all over the country. Being away from home can be extremely beneficial for teens with autism. Our supportive, welcoming campus helps teenagers shed maladaptive behaviors while developing new, positive ways of being.
Seven Stars understands that deciding on an autism boarding school can be one of the most difficult decisions a family can make. We are here to help you determine if our autism boarding school for Kansas teens is the best option for your child.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For Kansas Teens
Our leading autism boarding school helps teens and families from Kansas with a comprehensive and individualized approach to care. Our model combines assessments, traditional residential treatment programming, and adventure outings.
Seven Stars includes an evaluation component that includes clinically sophisticated assessments for all students from Kansas. The goal of these assessments is not to break down the challenges a Kansas student may be facing, but to highlight the strengths of each student. From there, we are able to build upon these strengths throughout their time at our autism boarding school.
This outdoor adventure programming engages students while they develop transferable skills in an encouraging environment. With our adventure excursions, students from Kansas understand the effects and consequences of their actions which relates to the natural consequences they witness in nature.
Kansas students experience weeks of on-campus residential treatment and off-campus adventure therapy experiences. When Kansas students are on campus, they are provided with a structured, home-like environment which combines academics, individual therapy, and activities designed to promote friendships amongst students.
During your child’s stay at our autism boarding school, you and your family will get regular updates as well as individualized multidisciplinary reports which highlight your child’s progress while at Seven Stars. The assessments and testing that takes place throughout the program are essential to determining the best course of treatment for each teen. If needed, we can provide guidance for next steps at the end of your child’s enrollment at our autism boarding school.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Family Problems
– Video Game Addiction
– Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Learning Issues.
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Sensory Issues.
– Issues making and keeping friends
– Refusing to go to school
– Academic failure.
– Trauma-related struggles.
- How to talk to your child about Autism and LGBT issuesConversations About Autism and LGBT Issues Don’t Have to be Difficult Not everyone is well versed in explaining complex conversations to their children. Sometimes prep work is needed or time to let them explore the topic at hand so they can have some questions in mind. There are a few things... Read more »
- Autism and the Outdoors: How Nature Can Help Teens ThriveAutism and Nature Autism is a developmental disorder that affects communication and social interaction to varying degrees. It is complex and affects everyone slightly differently. For many teens, autism can be a particularly stressful challenge. They may feel like they don’t fit in with their peers, or they may not know... Read more »
- Suicide Awareness and TeensSuicide Awareness And Teens Suicide and suicidal ideation is becoming increasingly prevalent in modern society. With so many additional stressors from the media, news, and peer pressure, some teens end up in situations in which they feel so powerless, depressed, and alone that they think suicide is a more attractive option.... Read more »