Does your child from Illinois struggle with autism-related friend and school issues? Seven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Illinois teens – ages 13-17 – with autism get the therapeutic care they need. Our autism boarding school works with teens from Illinois that are on the spectrum to build the skills they need to improve their confidence and awareness.
The unique model of our autism boarding school for Illinois teens combines the best aspects of residential treatment, stabilization, and wilderness therapy. As a leading autism boarding school for teens from Illinois, we utilize positive psychology for the basis of our work. We believe in focusing on the strengths of our students, not their weaknesses. With these strengths, we form an individualized therapeutic treatment plan.
Even though we are not located in Illinois and instead in Utah, we work with teens and families from across the country Especially for teens on the spectrum, a bit of distance from home can be helpful for treatment. Our supportive, welcoming campus helps teenagers shed maladaptive behaviors while developing new, positive ways of being.
Seven Stars knows that deciding to have your child attend an autism boarding school is not a decision that families take lightly and can be a difficult decision to reach. Our team of professionals is here to help you understand if our autism boarding school is the best option for your Illinois child.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you promptly.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For Illinois Teens
Our leading autism boarding school helps teens and families from Illinois with a comprehensive and individualized approach to care. Our approach splits treatment into a combination of residential treatment programming, assessments, and outdoor adventure programming.
Seven Stars includes an evaluation component that includes clinically sophisticated assessments for all students from Illinois. The goal of these assessments is not to break down the challenges a Illinois student may be facing, but to highlight the strengths of each student. From this, we use a strengths-based approach to continue to develop their strengths throughout their stay at our autism boarding school.
Over the course of programming, students take part in on-campus residential treatment along with off-campus adventure/recreation therapy. While Illinois teens are on campus, our warm and safe environment offers a combination of individual therapy, academics, and social activities that create natural friendships between students.
Our adventure activities programming helps students build important skills in a supportive environment. With our adventure excursions, students from Illinois understand the effects and consequences of their actions which relates to the natural consequences they witness in nature.
Throughout your child’s time at our autism boarding school, your family will receive individualized multidisciplinary reports about your child’s progress at Seven Stars. The evaluations and testing that occurs at our program helps inform the rest of treatment for each of our students. If necessary, at the end of your child’s experience at our autism boarding school, we provide recommendations for continued care and future treatment needs.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Attachment Issues
– Struggling with academic success.
– Technology Addiction
– Issues related to Autism
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Sensory Issues.
– Learning Disorders.
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Refusing to go to school
- Is your teen out of control? Tips for working with disruptive teensDealing with a teen that seems out of control can be a very isolating and frustrating experience for any parent. If you’ve been working through aggressive, defiant, or disruptive behavior from your teen, you may have grown tired of hearing criticisms from family and friends and even pulled back from... Read more »
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »
- Daily Points and Feedback System Promotes Positive BehaviorsHow often do you think your teen hears the words: “No”, “You can’t”, or “You shouldn’t” in a day? For teens on the spectrum, they may find that it is difficult to live up to expectations or fit in with social norms. They may feel like they are always being... Read more »