Does your child from Illinois struggle with autism-related friend and school issues? Seven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Illinois teens – ages 13-18 – with autism get the therapeutic care they need. Our autism boarding school works with teens from Illinois that are on the spectrum to build the skills they need to improve their confidence and awareness.
The unique model of our autism boarding school for Illinois teens combines the best aspects of residential treatment, stabilization, and wilderness therapy. As a leading autism boarding school for teens from Illinois, we utilize positive psychology for the basis of our work. We believe in focusing on the strengths of our students, not their weaknesses. With these strengths, we form an individualized therapeutic treatment plan.
Even though we are not located in Illinois and instead in Utah, we work with teens and families from across the country Especially for teens on the spectrum, a bit of distance from home can be helpful for treatment. Our supportive, welcoming campus helps teenagers shed maladaptive behaviors while developing new, positive ways of being.
Seven Stars knows that deciding to have your child attend an autism boarding school is not a decision that families take lightly and can be a difficult decision to reach. Our team of professionals is here to help you understand if our autism boarding school is the best option for your Illinois child.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you promptly.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For Illinois Teens
Our leading autism boarding school helps teens and families from Illinois with a comprehensive and individualized approach to care. Our approach splits treatment into a combination of residential treatment programming, assessments, and outdoor adventure programming.
Seven Stars includes an evaluation component that includes clinically sophisticated assessments for all students from Illinois. The goal of these assessments is not to break down the challenges a Illinois student may be facing, but to highlight the strengths of each student. From this, we use a strengths-based approach to continue to develop their strengths throughout their stay at our autism boarding school.
Over the course of programming, students take part in on-campus residential treatment along with off-campus adventure/recreation therapy. While Illinois teens are on campus, our warm and safe environment offers a combination of individual therapy, academics, and social activities that create natural friendships between students.
Our adventure activities programming helps students build important skills in a supportive environment. With our adventure excursions, students from Illinois understand the effects and consequences of their actions which relates to the natural consequences they witness in nature.
Throughout your child’s time at our autism boarding school, your family will receive individualized multidisciplinary reports about your child’s progress at Seven Stars. The evaluations and testing that occurs at our program helps inform the rest of treatment for each of our students. If necessary, at the end of your child’s experience at our autism boarding school, we provide recommendations for continued care and future treatment needs.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Attachment Issues
– Struggling with academic success.
– Technology Addiction
– Issues related to Aspergers
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Sensory Issues.
– Learning Disorders.
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Refusing to go to school
- Family Programming: Working On The Family Relationship During TreatmentFinding the right treatment program for your teen can feel like an overwhelming task. You have to take into account your teen’s specific needs and struggles while also making sure that the program and its staff are the best fit possible. An important service that Seven Stars uses with our... Read more »
- Teen Depression: Negative Academic, Social and Physical EffectsChildren with Autism Spectrum Disorder are four times more likely than their neurotypical counterparts to develop depression over the course of their lives. Because the rate of experiencing depression among kids with ASD is so high, it’s crucial to know the effects this can have on your child as well... Read more »
- The Benefits of Trying New HobbiesHave you ever found yourself feeling like every day is Groundhog Day? You do the same activities, watch the same shows, cook the same meals. It feels boring and uninspiring, but you can’t quite figure out how to break out of that rut. Trying a new activity can be the... Read more »