Do you worry about your Idaho child with autism making friends and being in school? Seven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Idaho teens – ages 13-17 – with autism get the therapeutic care they need. Our autism boarding school helps Idaho teens on the spectrum form positive habits that can help boost self-efficacy and self-awareness.
The innovative model of our autism boarding school for teens from Idaho blends all the best parts of stabilization services, residential treatment therapy, and wilderness therapy programming. As a leading autism boarding school for teens from Idaho, we utilize positive psychology for the basis of our work. For us, it’s important to focus on our students’ strengths and not their weaknesses. From these strengths, we are able to build an individualized treatment plan.
Even though we are not located in Idaho and instead in Utah, we work with teens and families from across the country Distance from the routines of home can be beneficial for teens on the autism spectrum. Our supportive, welcoming campus helps teenagers shed maladaptive behaviors while developing new, positive ways of being.
At Seven Stars, we know that choosing an autism boarding school is a very difficult decision for families. That’s why we are here to help you decide if our autism boarding school is the right choice for your child from Idaho.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For Idaho Teens
With a whole-person approach to care, our comprehensive autism boarding school helps struggling teens from Idaho with individualized treatment. Our hybrid program mixes the best elements of residential treatment, assessments, and adventure activities.
Seven Stars includes an evaluation component that includes clinically sophisticated assessments for all students from Idaho. Using these assessments, our goal is to understand and emphasize Idaho students’ strengths (and not to further identify areas of weakness). From this, we use a strengths-based approach to continue to develop their strengths throughout their stay at our autism boarding school.
Students from Idaho have weeks of both on-campus residential treatment programming and off-campus/outdoor adventure therapy activities. When Idaho students are on campus, they are provided with a structured, home-like environment which combines academics, individual therapy, and activities designed to promote friendships amongst students.
While your child is at our autism boarding school, you will receive updates and individualized multidisciplinary reports on your child’s deveoplment and growth while at Seven Stars. The evaluations and testing that occurs at our program helps inform the rest of treatment for each of our students. If needed, we can provide guidance for next steps at the end of your child’s enrollment at our autism boarding school.
This outdoor adventure programming engages students while they develop transferable skills in an encouraging environment. With our adventure excursions, students from Idaho understand the effects and consequences of their actions which relates to the natural consequences they witness in nature.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Not attending school
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Developmental Immaturity
– Video Game Addiction
– Attachment Issues
– Mood Disorders
– Struggling with academic success.
– Family Conflict
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Social Difficulties
- Puberty and Mental HealthChanging Physiology Our modern world puts a lot of pressure on developing children. We are seeing increased rates of stress, clinical depression, anxiety, poor coping mechanisms, and more. Moreover, puberty brings volatility in behavior, attitudes, and moods that can outwardly look like mental health issues. Puberty can be a difficult time... Read more »
- Daily Points and Feedback System Promotes Positive BehaviorsHow often do you think your teen hears the words: “No”, “You can’t”, or “You shouldn’t” in a day? For teens on the spectrum, they may find that it is difficult to live up to expectations or fit in with social norms. They may feel like they are always being... Read more »
- Autism and the Outdoors: How Nature Can Help Teens ThriveAutism and Nature Autism is a developmental disorder that affects communication and social interaction to varying degrees. It is complex and affects everyone slightly differently. For many teens, autism can be a particularly stressful challenge. They may feel like they don’t fit in with their peers, or they may not know... Read more »