Does your child from DC struggle with autism-related friend and school issues? Seven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps DC teens – ages 13-17 – with autism get the therapeutic care they need. Our autism boarding school helps DC teens on the spectrum form positive habits that can help boost self-efficacy and self-awareness.
The unique model of our autism boarding school for DC teens combines the best aspects of residential treatment, stabilization, and wilderness therapy. As a leading autism boarding school for teens from DC, we utilize positive psychology for the basis of our work. We believe in focusing on the strengths of our students, not their weaknesses. Using these strengths, we create an individualized treatment plan.
Although we are located in Utah and not in DC, we help teens from all over the country. Distance from the routines of home can be beneficial for teens on the autism spectrum. Our warm, welcoming setting helps adolescents shift out of negative patterns and into positive and healthy routines.
At Seven Stars, we know that choosing an autism boarding school is a very difficult decision for families. Our team of professionals is here to help you understand if our autism boarding school is the best option for your DC child.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For DC Teens
Our leading autism boarding school helps teens and families from DC with a comprehensive and individualized approach to care. Our approach splits treatment into a combination of residential treatment programming, assessments, and outdoor adventure programming.
Throughout their time at Seven Stars, we facilitate clinically advanced, comprehensive assessments for all DC students. The goal of these assessments is not to break down the challenges a DC student may be facing, but to highlight the strengths of each student. After this, we work to develop these strengths further during their stay at our autism boarding school.
Students from DC have weeks of both on-campus residential treatment programming and off-campus/outdoor adventure therapy activities. While DC teens are on campus, our warm and safe environment offers a combination of individual therapy, academics, and social activities that create natural friendships between students.
This outdoor adventure programming engages students while they develop transferable skills in an encouraging environment. During these adventure expeditions, DC students learn about the rewards and consequences for their behaviors through natural consequences in the environment during the moment.
While your child is at our autism boarding school, you will receive updates and individualized multidisciplinary reports on your child’s deveoplment and growth while at Seven Stars. The evaluations and testing that occurs at our program helps inform the rest of treatment for each of our students. At the end of your child’s stay at our autism boarding school, we can provide recommendations for next steps and continued care (if needed).
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Technology Addiction
– Refusing to go to school
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Learning Issues.
– Developmental Immaturity
– Social Difficulties
– Autism-related issues
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Family Problems
- Autism Awareness MonthApril is Autism Awareness Month and serves as a time to educate and increase public awareness about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Autism is a complex developmental disorder that affects a child’s ease of communication, social interaction, and behavior. Advocacy can involve a range of actions such as volunteering, donating, or educating. Here... Read more »
- Nurturing Potential: Celebrating ADHD Awareness Month with Discover Seven StarsOctober is not just a month of falling leaves and pumpkin spice lattes; it’s also ADHD Awareness Month, a time to recognize the challenges faced by individuals with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and celebrate the strides made in its understanding and treatment. At Discover Seven Stars, we stand at the forefront... Read more »
- What is Neurodiversity?If you’ve explored the twenty-first-century mental health landscape you’ve probably come across the terms “neurodiverse” or “neurodiversity” and wondered what they mean. So let’s get into it, what exactly is neurodiversity? Neurodiversity, short for neurological diversity, is the concept that there is natural variation in the human brain that leads to... Read more »