Do you worry about your Connecticut child with autism making friends and being in school? Seven Stars is an autism boarding school that helps Connecticut teens – ages 13-17 – with autism get the therapeutic care they need. Our autism boarding school helps Connecticut teens on the spectrum form positive habits that can help boost self-efficacy and self-awareness.
The unique model of our autism boarding school for Connecticut teens combines the best aspects of residential treatment, stabilization, and wilderness therapy. As a leading autism boarding school for teens from Connecticut, we utilize positive psychology for the basis of our work. For us, it’s important to focus on our students’ strengths and not their weaknesses. From these strengths, we are able to build an individualized treatment plan.
Seven Stars knows that deciding to have your child attend an autism boarding school is not a decision that families take lightly and can be a difficult decision to reach. That’s why we are here to help you decide if our autism boarding school is the right choice for your child from Connecticut.
Although we are located in Utah and not in Connecticut, we help teens from all over the country. Being away from home can be extremely beneficial for teens with autism. Our supportive, welcoming campus helps teenagers shed maladaptive behaviors while developing new, positive ways of being.
For more information about us, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you promptly.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For Connecticut Teens
Our leading autism boarding school helps teens and families from Connecticut with a comprehensive and individualized approach to care. Our hybrid program mixes the best elements of residential treatment, assessments, and adventure activities.
Throughout a student’s time at our program, there is a thorough assessment component where all Connecticut students receive comprehensive evaluations. Using these assessments, our goal is to understand and emphasize Connecticut students’ strengths (and not to further identify areas of weakness). From this, we use a strengths-based approach to continue to develop their strengths throughout their stay at our autism boarding school.
During your child’s stay at our autism boarding school, you and your family will get regular updates as well as individualized multidisciplinary reports which highlight your child’s progress while at Seven Stars. The testing and assessments carried out throughout our program strongly informs the duration of treatment for each student. If needed, we can provide guidance for next steps at the end of your child’s enrollment at our autism boarding school.
Students from Connecticut have weeks of both on-campus residential treatment programming and off-campus/outdoor adventure therapy activities. When Connecticut students are on campus, they are provided with a structured, home-like environment which combines academics, individual therapy, and activities designed to promote friendships amongst students.
This outdoor adventure programming engages students while they develop transferable skills in an encouraging environment. With our adventure excursions, students from Connecticut understand the effects and consequences of their actions which relates to the natural consequences they witness in nature.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Learning Issues.
– Technology Addiction
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Social Difficulties
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Not attending school
– Family Problems
– Mood Disorders
– Sensory Issues.
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Autism-related issues
– Adoption and attachment related issues.
- A Deficit of Attention: Finding the Right ADHD Treatment for YouthAttention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a medical and therapeutic term that is being used to diagnose young adolescents when it comes to their uncontrolled behaviors. While the disorder has been noted over multiple medical logs over the span of 200 years, its familiarity and acceptance have only recently taken... Read more »
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »
- When Your Teen Lives Online: Dealing with Internet AddictionIn the United States, technology has gradually become a big part of our lives. Currently, the most popular form of technology is information technology or I.T. for short. This mainly includes communication or information sharing via computers and the internet. While there are many benefits to the advancement of information... Read more »