Do you worry about your California child with autism making friends and being in school? Seven Stars, an autism boarding school that works with 13-17 year-olds from California, offers therapeutic support for teens on the spectrum. Our autism boarding school helps California teens on the spectrum form positive habits that can help boost self-efficacy and self-awareness.
The unique program of our autism boarding school supports California teens with a combination approach that uses all the best features of stabilization/assessment, residential treatment, and wilderness therapy. As a premier autism boarding school for California adolescents, our program is built upon a framework of positive psychology. This means we use a strengths-based approach instead of focusing on students’ deficits. With these strengths, we form an individualized therapeutic treatment plan.
At Seven Stars, we know that choosing an autism boarding school is a very difficult decision for families. Our team of professionals is here to help you understand if our autism boarding school is the best option for your California child.
Even though we are not located in California and instead in Utah, we work with teens and families from across the country Especially for teens on the spectrum, a bit of distance from home can be helpful for treatment. Our caring, supportive environment helps teens break out of their routines and learn new, exciting things about themselves.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For California Teens
At our autism boarding school for struggling teens from California, we help teens and their families create comprehensive, individualized treatment plans. Our hybrid program mixes the best elements of residential treatment, assessments, and adventure activities.
Seven Stars includes an evaluation component that includes clinically sophisticated assessments for all students from California. Using these assessments, our goal is to understand and emphasize California students’ strengths (and not to further identify areas of weakness). From there, we are able to build upon these strengths throughout their time at our autism boarding school.
Our fun adventure activities encourage students to try new things while they develop valuable skills in a nurturing environment. With our adventure excursions, students from California understand the effects and consequences of their actions which relates to the natural consequences they witness in nature.
While your child is at our autism boarding school, you will receive updates and individualized multidisciplinary reports on your child’s deveoplment and growth while at Seven Stars. The testing and assessments carried out throughout our program strongly informs the duration of treatment for each student. If necessary, at the end of your child’s experience at our autism boarding school, we provide recommendations for continued care and future treatment needs.
California students experience weeks of on-campus residential treatment and off-campus adventure therapy experiences. When California students are on campus, they are provided with a structured, home-like environment which combines academics, individual therapy, and activities designed to promote friendships amongst students.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Online Addiction
– School Refusal
– Adoption Issues
– Difficulties related to senses.
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Academic failure.
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Immaturity related to development
– Social Difficulties
– Issues related to Autism
- Autism and the Outdoors: How Nature Can Help Teens ThriveAutism and Nature Autism is a developmental disorder that affects communication and social interaction to varying degrees. It is complex and affects everyone slightly differently. For many teens, autism can be a particularly stressful challenge. They may feel like they don’t fit in with their peers, or they may not know... Read more »
- Suicide Awareness and TeensSuicide Awareness And Teens Suicide and suicidal ideation is becoming increasingly prevalent in modern society. With so many additional stressors from the media, news, and peer pressure, some teens end up in situations in which they feel so powerless, depressed, and alone that they think suicide is a more attractive option.... Read more »
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »