Do you worry about your California child with autism making friends and being in school? Seven Stars, an autism boarding school that works with 13-17 year-olds from California, offers therapeutic support for teens on the spectrum. Our autism boarding school helps California teens on the spectrum form positive habits that can help boost self-efficacy and self-awareness.
The unique program of our autism boarding school supports California teens with a combination approach that uses all the best features of stabilization/assessment, residential treatment, and wilderness therapy. As a premier autism boarding school for California adolescents, our program is built upon a framework of positive psychology. This means we use a strengths-based approach instead of focusing on students’ deficits. With these strengths, we form an individualized therapeutic treatment plan.
At Seven Stars, we know that choosing an autism boarding school is a very difficult decision for families. Our team of professionals is here to help you understand if our autism boarding school is the best option for your California child.
Even though we are not located in California and instead in Utah, we work with teens and families from across the country Especially for teens on the spectrum, a bit of distance from home can be helpful for treatment. Our caring, supportive environment helps teens break out of their routines and learn new, exciting things about themselves.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For California Teens
At our autism boarding school for struggling teens from California, we help teens and their families create comprehensive, individualized treatment plans. Our hybrid program mixes the best elements of residential treatment, assessments, and adventure activities.
Seven Stars includes an evaluation component that includes clinically sophisticated assessments for all students from California. Using these assessments, our goal is to understand and emphasize California students’ strengths (and not to further identify areas of weakness). From there, we are able to build upon these strengths throughout their time at our autism boarding school.
Our fun adventure activities encourage students to try new things while they develop valuable skills in a nurturing environment. With our adventure excursions, students from California understand the effects and consequences of their actions which relates to the natural consequences they witness in nature.
While your child is at our autism boarding school, you will receive updates and individualized multidisciplinary reports on your child’s deveoplment and growth while at Seven Stars. The testing and assessments carried out throughout our program strongly informs the duration of treatment for each student. If necessary, at the end of your child’s experience at our autism boarding school, we provide recommendations for continued care and future treatment needs.
California students experience weeks of on-campus residential treatment and off-campus adventure therapy experiences. When California students are on campus, they are provided with a structured, home-like environment which combines academics, individual therapy, and activities designed to promote friendships amongst students.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Learning-Related Challenges.
– Online Addiction
– School Refusal
– Adoption Issues
– Difficulties related to senses.
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Academic failure.
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Immaturity related to development
– Social Difficulties
– Issues related to Aspergers
- Speech & Language Challenges for Teens On the SpectrumThere is no one size fits all diagnosis for teens on the autism spectrum. What is challenging for one teen, may be a strength for another. And while each person is unique, some teens on the spectrum may struggle with speech and language issues. Types of Language and Speech Disorders Teens on... Read more »
- Teen Depression: Negative Academic, Social and Physical EffectsChildren with Autism Spectrum Disorder are four times more likely than their neurotypical counterparts to develop depression over the course of their lives. Because the rate of experiencing depression among kids with ASD is so high, it’s crucial to know the effects this can have on your child as well... Read more »
- The Benefits of Trying New HobbiesHave you ever found yourself feeling like every day is Groundhog Day? You do the same activities, watch the same shows, cook the same meals. It feels boring and uninspiring, but you can’t quite figure out how to break out of that rut. Trying a new activity can be the... Read more »