Do you worry about your Alaska child with autism making friends and being in school? Seven Stars, an autism boarding school that works with 13-18 year-olds from Alaska, offers therapeutic support for teens on the spectrum. At our autism boarding school, we help Alaska teens with autism create lasting changes that positively affect their self-confidence and resilience.
The unique program of our autism boarding school supports Alaska teens with a combination approach that uses all the best features of stabilization/assessment, residential treatment, and wilderness therapy. As a leading autism boarding school for teens from Alaska, we utilize positive psychology for the basis of our work. We believe in focusing on the strengths of our students, not their weaknesses. Using these strengths, we create an individualized treatment plan.
At Seven Stars, we know that choosing an autism boarding school is a very difficult decision for families. We are here to help you determine if our autism boarding school for Alaska teens is the best option for your child.
Even though we are not located in Alaska and instead in Utah, we work with teens and families from across the country Distance from the routines of home can be beneficial for teens on the autism spectrum. Our supportive, welcoming campus helps teenagers shed maladaptive behaviors while developing new, positive ways of being.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For Alaska Teens
Our leading autism boarding school helps teens and families from Alaska with a comprehensive and individualized approach to care. Our model combines assessments, traditional residential treatment programming, and adventure outings.
Throughout their time at Seven Stars, we facilitate clinically advanced, comprehensive assessments for all Alaska students. Using these assessments, our goal is to understand and emphasize Alaska students’ strengths (and not to further identify areas of weakness). From there, we are able to build upon these strengths throughout their time at our autism boarding school.
Throughout your child’s time at our autism boarding school, your family will receive individualized multidisciplinary reports about your child’s progress at Seven Stars. The testing and assessments carried out throughout our program strongly informs the duration of treatment for each student. If necessary, at the end of your child’s experience at our autism boarding school, we provide recommendations for continued care and future treatment needs.
Alaska students experience weeks of on-campus residential treatment and off-campus adventure therapy experiences. While Alaska teens are on campus, our warm and safe environment offers a combination of individual therapy, academics, and social activities that create natural friendships between students.
Our adventure activities programming helps students build important skills in a supportive environment. During these adventure expeditions, Alaska students learn about the rewards and consequences for their behaviors through natural consequences in the environment during the moment.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– School Refusal
– Issues making and keeping friends
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Developmental Immaturity
– Technology Addiction
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Autism-related issues
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Attachment Issues
– Learning Disorders.
– Academic failure.
- The Benefits of Trying New HobbiesHave you ever found yourself feeling like every day is Groundhog Day? You do the same activities, watch the same shows, cook the same meals. It feels boring and uninspiring, but you can’t quite figure out how to break out of that rut. Trying a new activity can be the... Read more »
- How to Make Video Game Time PositiveVideo games can be a hot button topic for parents. We don’t want to see our children glued to their screens or making unhealthy life choices, but there is recent evidence that when approached correctly, video games can have a positive impact on teens with autism. Autism and Video Games Video games... Read more »
- How to Help Your Picky Eater Child with AutismIntroducing your baby to their first solid food is a milestone in most parents’ lives. It marks a new phase in life as they begin to discover new flavors and textures. But some children, especially those with autism, do not get enjoyment from experiencing new foods, and this can continue... Read more »