Do you worry about your Alaska child with autism making friends and being in school? Seven Stars, an autism boarding school that works with 13-17 year-olds from Alaska, offers therapeutic support for teens on the spectrum. At our autism boarding school, we help Alaska teens with autism create lasting changes that positively affect their self-confidence and resilience.
The unique program of our autism boarding school supports Alaska teens with a combination approach that uses all the best features of stabilization/assessment, residential treatment, and wilderness therapy. As a leading autism boarding school for teens from Alaska, we utilize positive psychology for the basis of our work. We believe in focusing on the strengths of our students, not their weaknesses. Using these strengths, we create an individualized treatment plan.
At Seven Stars, we know that choosing an autism boarding school is a very difficult decision for families. We are here to help you determine if our autism boarding school for Alaska teens is the best option for your child.
Even though we are not located in Alaska and instead in Utah, we work with teens and families from across the country Distance from the routines of home can be beneficial for teens on the autism spectrum. Our supportive, welcoming campus helps teenagers shed maladaptive behaviors while developing new, positive ways of being.
For more information about our program, call 844-601-1167 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Getting Help At Our Autism Boarding School For Alaska Teens
Our leading autism boarding school helps teens and families from Alaska with a comprehensive and individualized approach to care. Our model combines assessments, traditional residential treatment programming, and adventure outings.
Throughout their time at Seven Stars, we facilitate clinically advanced, comprehensive assessments for all Alaska students. Using these assessments, our goal is to understand and emphasize Alaska students’ strengths (and not to further identify areas of weakness). From there, we are able to build upon these strengths throughout their time at our autism boarding school.
Throughout your child’s time at our autism boarding school, your family will receive individualized multidisciplinary reports about your child’s progress at Seven Stars. The testing and assessments carried out throughout our program strongly informs the duration of treatment for each student. If necessary, at the end of your child’s experience at our autism boarding school, we provide recommendations for continued care and future treatment needs.
Alaska students experience weeks of on-campus residential treatment and off-campus adventure therapy experiences. While Alaska teens are on campus, our warm and safe environment offers a combination of individual therapy, academics, and social activities that create natural friendships between students.
Our adventure activities programming helps students build important skills in a supportive environment. During these adventure expeditions, Alaska students learn about the rewards and consequences for their behaviors through natural consequences in the environment during the moment.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– School Refusal
– Issues making and keeping friends
– Trauma-related struggles.
– Developmental Immaturity
– Technology Addiction
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Autism-related issues
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Attachment Issues
– Learning Disorders.
– Academic failure.
- Fostering a Positive Relationship with School for Your ChildSchool can be a challenging place for any child, but students with autism face a unique set of challenges. If these challenges are not addressed properly, students can begin to have a negative association with school, which can lead to school refusal or acting out. To foster a positive relationship school... Read more »
- Social Isolation and Autism: How To Help Teens on the Spectrum SocializeSocial relationships can be difficult for any teenager to navigate, but creating and maintaining relationships has another layer of complexity for teens on the spectrum. Working with teens on socialization is essential as it can boost self-esteem, increase a sense of belonging, and provide practice for essential skills like managing... Read more »
- Brains of Teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder Work DifferentlyUnderstanding the developing mind and brain of a teenager with all of the changes they are going through can be extremely difficult. This difficulty can be compounded when you have a teen with Autism Spectrum Disorder as their brain works differently from neurotypical teenagers. To assist your teen as they... Read more »