Seven Stars, an Aspergers school for New Jersey teens, is a place where boys and girls, ages 13-18, can spend several months in a safe environment and get mental and emotional support from our team of experts. Whether your New Jersey teen is on the autism spectrum, suffers from difficulties socializing, or has a learning disorder, our Aspergers school is here to provide them with the necessary treatment. By using various forms of therapies, such as residential treatment and adventure outings, our New Jersey teens get the best out of both worlds.
Although not located in New Jersey and instead in Utah, we help teenagers across the country become the best versions of themselves. Since we believe that every child is unique, we design an individual approach for each of our students.
To determine how best to support your child’s unique needs, we perform various examinations to get key information about their strengths and weaknesses. Feeling safe and supported is crucial to the treatment process. Faced with challenging situations, students will uncover the best version of themselves. With more confidence and a brighter outlook, your New Jersey child will be prepared to take on life’s challenges using the knowledge and skills they’ve gained in therapy at our Aspergers school. Wilderness therapy instills the courage needed to help students learn to navigate social situations more effectively.
What Can New Jersey Teens Expect from An Aspergers School?
New Jersey teens on the autism spectrum struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges could benefit from attending an Aspergers school that will provide everything he or she needs to reach their fullest potential.
Although Seven Stars is not located in New Jersey, we provide services to teens throughout the country. For many students, leaving home prompts a new outlook and makes receiving treatment easier and less intimidating.
Seven Stars developed a program that combines several therapeutic models into one so that our students can benefit from each one.
During their stay, New Jersey teens visit scenic locations near our Aspergers school as part of our outdoor recreation program.
Knowing exactly where our students are, both emotionally and physically at arrival, helps us determine the best path forward. This allows us to create an individual plan for our students to fully utilize their capabilities. For teens that need some time to settle, we provide a period of stabilization that can last a couple of weeks.
Teens will be a part of both traditional, on-campus therapy and experiential, adventure activities throughout their journey with us. Our Aspergers school provides academic instruction and socialization opportunities to students in a safe, supportive environment. Thanks to our detailed assessment, we can easily establish to what degree their intellect and their comfort zone can be challenged in order for them to grow.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– School Refusal
– Online Addiction
– Issues related to Aspergers
– Sensory Issues.
– Issues related to trauma.
– Challenges related to ADHD
– Adoption Issues
– Autism-related issues
– Immaturity related to development
– Issues related to mood disorders.
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Dysfunction within the Family
– Learning Issues.
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Difficulties communicating with others
- Support For Teens With Autism: How to Choose the Right Help for Your Family’s NeedsSupport For Teens With Autism: How to Choose the Right Help for Your Family’s Needs According to a recent article by Science Daily, new research suggests that exposure to diagnostic ultrasound in the first trimester of pregnancy may be linked to increased autism severity. The study was conducted by researchers at... Read more »
- Behavioral Aspects of Therapeutic ProgrammingMany parents have behaviors they wish they could change in their children. And while we try to celebrate our children for exactly who they are, there may be times when behaviors are negatively impacting your child’s life and it is time to look for more options. Understanding the Behavior Applied Behavior Analysis... Read more »
- How to Make Video Game Time PositiveVideo games can be a hot button topic for parents. We don’t want to see our children glued to their screens or making unhealthy life choices, but there is recent evidence that when approached correctly, video games can have a positive impact on teens with autism. Autism and Video Games Video games... Read more »