Seven Stars, an Aspergers school for Mississippi teens, is a place where your child can find safety and support from our team of experts. Our Aspergers school is here to help Mississippi teens on the autism spectrum that are experiencing difficulties socializing or struggling with learning disorders. Using a variety of therapies, like residential treatment and adventure outings, our Mississippi teens are treated using the most successful methods available.
Despite being located in Utah and not in Mississippi, we provide treatment for teens from all over the United States. Since we believe that every child is unique, we design an individual approach for each of our students.
Your teen is only ever presented with age and ability appropriate challenges. Feeling safe and supported is crucial to the treatment process. They get just the right amount of challenge so we can unlock their full potential. With more confidence and a brighter outlook, your Mississippi child will be prepared to take on life’s challenges using the knowledge and skills they’ve gained in therapy at our Aspergers school. Your child can gain independence and improve their social skills through our wilderness therapy.
What Can Mississippi Teens Expect from An Aspergers School?
If your Mississippi teen on the autism spectrum needs help, our Aspergers school is a great place to start.
Although Seven Stars is not located in Mississippi, we provide services to teens throughout the country. For many students, leaving home prompts a new outlook and makes receiving treatment easier and less intimidating.
The Seven Stars program combines several therapies into one, enabling our students to determine exactly which kind of therapy works for them.
While off campus, Mississippi teens get to enjoy outdoor activities on beautiful locations near our Aspergers school, learn to cooperate with other students and be more independent.
Our Aspergers school staff thoroughly examines every Mississippi teen that we admit in order to get a clear picture of their physical health and their intellectual, emotional, and social skills. This allows us to create an individual plan for our students to fully utilize their capabilities. For teens that need some time to settle, we provide a period of stabilization that can last a couple of weeks.
Throughout our program, students take part in programming that mixes residential and outdoor adventure programming. On campus, Mississippi teens attend classes and interact with their peers. We use our initial assessment to determine how we should challenge the students to best help them reach their full potential.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Issues succeeding academically.
– Immaturity related to development
– Learning Issues.
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Feelings of Anxiety
– Refusing to go to school
– Online Addiction
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Attachment Issues
– Dysfunction within the Family
- Uncharted Territory: Internet Safety for TeensIt is no secret that the internet has increasingly gained popularity, particularly in our youth. In fact, it is estimated that American teenagers spend an average of 9 hours per day online. This number is astounding, as it indicates the average teen spends more time online than they do on... Read more »
- The Difference Between Positive & Negative Smartphone Use in TeensIt’s no secret that smartphone usage is on the rise, in fact approximately 81 percent of Americans own a smartphone. Not only that but, the average smartphone user spends nearly 3 hours per day on their smartphone. To some, this may not sound like that big of a number, but... Read more »
- Struggling with School: How To Help Teens on the SpectrumAdolescence can present many challenges for teens on the spectrum, and falling behind academically can put additional stress and pressure on both students and their families. In addition to low grades, poor performance in school can leave teens feeling defeated and depressed, with ASD teens nearly three times more likely... Read more »