Seven Stars, an Aspergers school for Maine teens, is a place where boys and girls, ages 13-18, can spend several months in a safe environment and get mental and emotional support from our team of experts. Finding successful treatment methods for teens on the autism spectrum can be challenging, so we’re here to help. By using various forms of therapies, such as residential treatment and adventure outings, our Maine teens get the best out of both worlds.
Although located in Utah and not in Maine, we help teens from all over the country find success. We create a specific plan for each student, based on their particular needs.
A wide range of tests and examinations are performed to give us all the information we need to challenge our students on an academic and social level. We want Maine teens in our Aspergers school to feel in control of their actions and know they are fully capable of good decision making. It’s important to find the right balance of give and take to encourage them to find their true selves. After finishing the therapy at our Aspergers school, Maine teens will come out with more confidence and improved social skills. Thanks to our wilderness therapy, they will also learn how to collaborate with other people and how to be more independent.
What Can Maine Teens Expect from An Aspergers School?
Maine teens with emotional and behavioral difficulties come to our Aspergers school for a supportive environment in which to transform their lives.
Although Seven Stars is not located in Maine, we provide services to teens throughout the country. Often, getting treatment in a different environment than one’s everyday life can be especially successful.
Seven Stars developed a program that combines several therapeutic models into one so that our students can benefit from each one.
During their stay, Maine teens visit scenic locations near our Aspergers school as part of our outdoor recreation program.
Teens will be a part of both traditional, on-campus therapy and experiential, adventure activities throughout their journey with us. Our Aspergers school provides academic instruction and socialization opportunities to students in a safe, supportive environment. We use our initial assessment to determine how we should challenge the students to best help them reach their full potential.
Knowing exactly where our students are, both emotionally and physically at arrival, helps us determine the best path forward. This way, we can craft a personalized curriculum that fits the individual’s needs. We can provide a stabilization period if needed.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Video Game Addiction
– Issues related to trauma.
– Learning Issues.
– Refusing to go to school
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Adoption Issues
– Family Conflict
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Academic failure.
- Behavioral Aspects of Therapeutic ProgrammingMany parents have behaviors they wish they could change in their children. And while we try to celebrate our children for exactly who they are, there may be times when behaviors are negatively impacting your child’s life and it is time to look for more options. Understanding the Behavior Applied Behavior Analysis... Read more »
- Social Anxiety: How to Overcome ItMany children go through phases of being shy. It may be once they are old enough to discern strangers from family, or it may be when they enter school and begin to spend more time away from home. And while shyness is not uncommon, parents should be aware that if... Read more »
- How to Build Relationships and Improve Social Skills in Children with Asperger SyndromeMany teens with Asperger Syndrome need help to learn how to behave in different social situations. They may have the desire to interact with their peers, but not know how to engage with friends. They may also feel overwhelmed by the idea of new experiences. Building up social skills with... Read more »