Seven Stars, an Aspergers school for Maine teens, is a place where boys and girls, ages 13-18, can spend several months in a safe environment and get mental and emotional support from our team of experts. Finding successful treatment methods for teens on the autism spectrum can be challenging, so we’re here to help. By using various forms of therapies, such as residential treatment and adventure outings, our Maine teens get the best out of both worlds.
Although located in Utah and not in Maine, we help teens from all over the country find success. We create a specific plan for each student, based on their particular needs.
A wide range of tests and examinations are performed to give us all the information we need to challenge our students on an academic and social level. We want Maine teens in our Aspergers school to feel in control of their actions and know they are fully capable of good decision making. It’s important to find the right balance of give and take to encourage them to find their true selves. After finishing the therapy at our Aspergers school, Maine teens will come out with more confidence and improved social skills. Thanks to our wilderness therapy, they will also learn how to collaborate with other people and how to be more independent.
What Can Maine Teens Expect from An Aspergers School?
Maine teens with emotional and behavioral difficulties come to our Aspergers school for a supportive environment in which to transform their lives.
Although Seven Stars is not located in Maine, we provide services to teens throughout the country. Often, getting treatment in a different environment than one’s everyday life can be especially successful.
Seven Stars developed a program that combines several therapeutic models into one so that our students can benefit from each one.
During their stay, Maine teens visit scenic locations near our Aspergers school as part of our outdoor recreation program.
Teens will be a part of both traditional, on-campus therapy and experiential, adventure activities throughout their journey with us. Our Aspergers school provides academic instruction and socialization opportunities to students in a safe, supportive environment. We use our initial assessment to determine how we should challenge the students to best help them reach their full potential.
Knowing exactly where our students are, both emotionally and physically at arrival, helps us determine the best path forward. This way, we can craft a personalized curriculum that fits the individual’s needs. We can provide a stabilization period if needed.
Who does Seven Stars help?
Seven Stars helps teens struggling with:
– Difficulties communicating with others
– Attention Deficit Disorder
– Video Game Addiction
– Issues related to trauma.
– Learning Issues.
– Refusing to go to school
– Issues with developmental immaturity
– Adoption Issues
– Family Conflict
– Sensory Related Issues.
– Academic failure.
- Active Listening Social Skills for Teens on the SpectrumActive listening is one of the hardest social skills for teens on the spectrum to integrate into their social interactions based on auditory processing difficulties. As they may be easily overstimulated by background noise, tone of voice, and the sound of their own thoughts during conversations, it can be difficult... Read more »
- Distracted teen or ADHD in teens?If you have a teen in your life, you’ve noticed how they can simultaneously be answering a text message, watching a Youtube video, and searching the kitchen for snacks. We see teenagers flit from notification to notification on their multiple devices, but how can you tell if your teen is... Read more »
- How to Make Video Game Time PositiveVideo games can be a hot button topic for parents. We don’t want to see our children glued to their screens or making unhealthy life choices, but there is recent evidence that when approached correctly, video games can have a positive impact on teens with autism. Autism and Video Games Video games... Read more »